Repro Astro City/NAC instruction card?

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
Does anyone make or perhaps have some high quality art they could share of the vanilla/default Sega Astro City instruction card artwork?

Mine has some damage and I'm looking to replace it. But I can't seem to find anyone offering originals or repro of the instruction card. Just the CPO and sideart(MCS).

I can't possibly be the first person looking for a replacement, but I can't even seem to find any sort of repro artwork folks have made for them either. Again, just for the CPO.

Any of you good folks know of any? Or perhaps someone made repro artwork they would be willing to share?

- TGM

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I too have one with a little bit of damage, if you get any info, let me know! :)

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
Well I've got an order into MCS-Arcade for repro side art and some AC/NAC sized marquees. Once I get a look at those I might just see if Sean at MCS could see about reproducing and adding the AC/NAC instruction card to his list of offerings.

I guess most folks don't care because they are primarily interested in the instruction card/stickers for a specific game. :lolz:

Testocules

Fio's Quartermaster
I think you will be pleased with his repros, they are very nice. It should not be too hard to repro the instruction sheet - its just a colored card with some printed words on it. If you can find a picture for Sean to work from, even better.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I really need a replacement NAC sign that goes below the marquee holder. Mine is really sun faded.

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
I think you will be pleased with his repros, they are very nice. It should not be too hard to repro the instruction sheet - its just a colored card with some printed words on it. If you can find a picture for Sean to work from, even better.

Definitely looking forward to receiving them.

I totally agree. The instruction card color scheme is the same as the cpo which he has already done. The font might even be reused. So I think he probably already has all the pieces and just needs to bring them together.

And while my card has some rub wear I can definitely photograph it/provide scans as well as measurements to use in reproducing it.

Beigemore: Unfortunately I think you might be out of luck in terms of replacement acrylic marquee pieces. Short of someone parting out a cabinet. Mines a little faded due to its age as well, but I think thats acceptable for an older piece.

Testocules

Fio's Quartermaster
Beigemore: Unfortunately I think you might be out of luck in terms of replacement acrylic marquee pieces. Short of someone parting out a cabinet. Mines a little faded due to its age as well, but I think thats acceptable for an older piece.

Between the two of you, you might try getting a scan of the whomever has the best marquee (or a picture of someone's that is in better shape) and try working with gameongrafix. I know that Scott over there can do a vector reproduction of your original part. Once you get the color and look faithfully reproduced, he has the ability to print the marquee on plexi. Its a up-charge of $20. Under marquee type - "Ultimate mounted on Plexiglas" You might check with MCS - Sean might be able to do this as well. I think Sean is easier to get to do work. So you might also try having Sean at MCS do the repro work, then send it to gameongrafix to have it printed on the plexi.

Last edited:

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I took the liberty of contacting MCS-Arcade. I told him there are a few of us on here looking for it, and that I'm willing to send mine out to Sean and see if he can make it something available for sale on his site after making the art proper.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Update: Sean says he can/will do it, but he can't replicate the silver sparkle on it. Let me know TGM what your thoughts are. :)

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
Update: Sean says he can/will do it, but he can't replicate the silver sparkle on it. Let me know TGM what your thoughts are. :)

Sounds like a good plan to me. Is the silver on the instruction card even very sparkly or metallic? I though it was pretty flat looking to begin with so I doubt you would even notice a difference.

- TGM

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
I got my repro side art and marquees from MCS today. Very nice stuff. Not sure if I was more impressed with the repro sideart or the marquees as they were both pretty damn sweet.

The marquees are AC/NAC sized. The files he shows on the site are Blast City sized but if you make a note for Sean he will size them appropriately. Now I need to order a repro marquee holder from FrancoB.

I will scan/photograph my instruction card to send to Sean. I'll try and get to it this weekend. I wanted to contact him about making a CPS2 Vampire Savior marquee anyway. Also some single move strips for MvC2, CvS2, and VS.

- TGM