Retro-consoles section? good idea?

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
Would anyone else be interested in a retro-consoles section? the same there's a new gen consoles one...Sure it will get at least more posts than the Hyper 64 section and most language sections.

Also, given that this is a Neo Geo forum, it is likely that members share interest for other old consoles that co-existed with said system.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
"Neo-Geo.com - discussion on all topics except the neo"

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Lagduf said:
"Neo-Geo.com - discussion on all topics except the neo"

Exactly the way I feel, we have enough unrelated shit as it is.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
Exactly the way I feel, we have enough unrelated shit as it is.

I found an old thread where members mentioned going into chat to talk about the Neo Geo!

That thread was chiseled onto a stone tablet.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Much as i enjoy talking about old consoles such as the famicom&pce.

I find talking about it in unrelated is enough all ready.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Then Unrelated will become virtually useless. That's to say, even more useless than it is now :loco:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
qube said:
Then Unrelated will become virtually useless.

icon29.gif

Yes!

Personally I wouldn't mind an old consoles forum, at least that would be better than the boring Youtube-linking-madness in Unrelated, eh.

And for all you people who whine about the lack of Neo discussion, why is it that I never see you guys posting in those related threads in General, Gameplay, 24bit and KoF? Complaining is one thing, actually doing something is another.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I have no time to play neo-geo at present, and when I do , its fucking alone

do you know how dull this is? it makes me want to :crying:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
kernow said:

I only have *some* 2P comp on weekends but it's not what it used to be, so yeah, I can relate to that.

Maybe you should play other Neo games than fighters for a change... what about a nice NAM 1975 1cc run? :D

The thing is - I know that there is less Neo talk in here than a few years ago, but complaining about it doesn't really help.

I've just counted the current Neo-related threads with replies from today and yesterday, and there are more than 12 of them at the moment (not counting Tech forum threads). Yeah, Unrelated and the other non-Neo forums get ten times more threads/replies, but there still is interested in the ol' Neo and its games, so what are you guys waiting for? :)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I know(hope) you're joking about the nam 1975 1CC run, thats not fun, thats torture.

why would anyone want to subject themselves to such a thing is beyond me.

Yeah I'd say over half my carts are non fighters, I even have my cab in the lounge but it sits there unplayed.

I'm interested in the neo and its games, just not as much as you tak, obviously. I can't sit there obsessing over one minor gameplay detail. Plus I'm getting older, and games are becoming less and less important, and fun.

plus, whats to say about the neo that hasn't already been said? it was OK when the machine was still alive (by still alive I mean on playmores genesis life support)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
kernow said:
I know(hope) you're joking about the nam 1975 1CC run, thats not fun, thats torture.

why would anyone want to subject themselves to such a thing is beyond me.

Yeah I'd say over half my carts are non fighters, I even have my cab in the lounge but it sits there unplayed.

I'm interested in the neo and its games, just not as much as you tak, obviously. I can't sit there obsessing over one minor gameplay detail. Plus I'm getting older, and games are becoming less and less important, and fun.

plus, whats to say about the neo that hasn't already been said? it was OK when the machine was still alive (by still alive I mean on playmores genesis life support)

Well, I was half-joking... :)

I can beat the first few levels of Nam on one credit but from then on it's ass-biting time. I know the boss has a few patterns but I always was too lazy to figure them out. Great game, tho.

Okay, then let's try it with Magician Lord...! ;) Hell, I love this game but I suck at it... </confession>

I'm getting older too but somehow I'm still able to enjoy all these games, maybe not like on first day but the fire still burns.

Ah well, I have ideas for a thread series on Neo games and hardware, maybe this will help to re-activate your guys' Neo senses... let's see.

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
I am with Takumaji, I don't see why you complaint about less Neo Geo related posts when you do not post that much on them.

Anyway, I just mentioned it because there are already other specific forums that could also fall within unrelated but still they are there. Sogiven that I think that the members that come to a neo geo site, would be more interested in having a general retro consoles forums than in a shmup one for insatnce.

I am of the opinion that this is a neo geo site, and cetrainly I also don't need other non related forums, but if we are to have some, lets have one for retro consoles too, that was my idea, just that.

Also, even if this is a Neo Geo site, there are not that much new topics you can talk about after 5 years of being amember here.

And by the way, given that it seems that people don't want to be permisive about non Neo gGeo related stuff, maybe we should need less tolerance with non Neo Geo related threads posted on General Discussion, which is supossed to be Neo Geo related only, I am sick of seing non neo geo related threads there.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Honestly i'd be fine with a retro consoles section.

Unrelated will still the forum to discuss political issues and current events.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I'd rather have a general videogame section, and maybe some other forum(s) could be merged into it.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
As far as I am concerned there are now way too many forums here as there is, it use to be nice and compact and even with all the collapsing you can do but.... if there was to be another forum I would not mind seeing a retro one as be good to talk about the megadrive and atari games more than just maybe once a month

aria

Former Moderator
68k said:
I found an old thread where members mentioned going into chat to talk about the Neo Geo!

That thread was chiseled onto a stone tablet.

:lolz:

But as for the topic at hand, I'm starting to feel that the subdividing on unrelated-related (heh) topics is getting a bit too heavy.

Radiantgun

Zero's Secretary
At this rate they'll be asking for a DATING sub forum next !!

Now theres an idea !!

:D

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Radiantgun said:
At this rate they'll be asking for a DATING sub forum next !!

Now theres an idea !!

:D

Why not - Stormfront has one, why can't neo-geo.com?

:tickled:

aria

Former Moderator
Lagduf said:
Why not - Stormfront has one, why can't neo-geo.com?

:tickled:

I could only imagine:

"SWM looking 4 SBF for serious S&M play; history buff a +!"

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Bobak said:
I could only imagine:

"SWM looking 4 SBF for serious S&M play; history buff a +!"

"SWM looking for a SPM, long hair a +!"

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
kernow said:

i thought you and thuggles played?i mean yeah he's a kid, but someone to play with is someone to play with. my friends don't get 2D fighters and don't play em. and then when i offer up something like super dodgeball, thrash rally, or NTM they just think it's stupid. that's how it goes with the neo though: unfulfilled unless you can get someone else willing to play