Reviewing every Capcom CP/Dash/2 and 3 game...because why not!

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member

Strider time!

This is one of the best games ever made even though it's so clear the mechanics were so innovative no amount of development time would've squashed all the bugs and jankiness present that you don't notice at a first glance. The only real downside to the game is that it's just too easy to 1cc!

Still waiting for an official Osman/Cannon Dancer port so everyone can acknowledge it as the real Strider II.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member

I may suck at Street Fighter but I still enjot it
I can't see how you can be good at one fighting series but hopeless at another, as they all have the same basic input techniques. Can you beat the bosses in KOF? I think a lot of people learnt to play fighters by playing SF2, and then just transferred those skills to every other fighter they played (Mortal Kombat & the SNK fighters).

Champion Edition was the first game to speed up the gameplay, but only by a little over World Warrior. That's why the game was known as Street Fighter II Dash in Japan- the "Dash" represented the extra speed.
With Turbo, the only real addition it had from the bootlegs was the speed. That made it more fun to play, but World Warrior and CE you could play more of a strategy game, more calculated. Capcom was going for gameplay balance, so they didn't add many new character moves. I prefer the Alpha series, as it has aerial fireballs, the gameplay has new features, and the speed is selectable.

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I can't see how you can be good at one fighting series but hopeless at another, as they all have the same basic input techniques. Can you beat the bosses in KOF? I think a lot of people learnt to play fighters by playing SF2, and then just transferred those skills to every other fighter they played (Mortal Kombat & the SNK fighters).

Champion Edition was the first game to speed up the gameplay, but only by a little over World Warrior. That's why the game was known as Street Fighter II Dash in Japan- the "Dash" represented the extra speed.
With Turbo, the only real addition it had from the bootlegs was the speed. That made it more fun to play, but World Warrior and CE you could play more of a strategy game, more calculated. Capcom was going for gameplay balance, so they didn't add many new character moves. I prefer the Alpha series, as it has aerial fireballs, the gameplay has new features, and the speed is selectable.
Yes I can beat any KOF boss on normal in 2-3 attempts.

Maybe its just a mental block but I SUCK at SF. It's just how it is

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I did, I also had another for the 5x video!!! I need to stop this mid week dinner + beer habit
my wife is the GM at a large Chicago brewery. I have more beer than I can drink. I found out...there really is such a thing as TOO MUCH beer