Reviews would be nice..

Robi15

20 Year Member
I think that Shawns reviews of some handpicked games would increase the reading content at neo-geo.com. What do you think Shawn? I shure would like to know what you think about rare games like "Twinkle Star Sprites" or "Mark of the Wolves"...

Robi15

Mike

Bead Banger
I think that this a great idea. Some people are just getting into it and would like to know what are the carts to have. Time consuming, but also nice to have

N

NGPSkinhead

Maybe there can be an interface like a saw once on a jaguarpage, it gave people the possiblity to just give a rank to a certain game and then they published the number of votes and the average rating.

Robi15

20 Year Member
That would be one thing. Shawn has allrady a "vote: best cart". I would like "words" Time consuming,yes, but extremly profitable. I want to know the "feeling" the games give, it's backrounds, music, gameplay, and so on.
I think gargoyle7 has absolutly best reviews on he's site. Something in that stile would do neo-geo.com even more powerful!

Shawn, wacha think??

Robi15

[This message has been edited by Robi15 (edited August 22, 2000).]

Shawn

snkusa.com
Adding a reviews section is something I have considered for quite some time. However, I don’t think I’m the person for the job. I may have the games to play, but your right, it would be time consuming. I’m also biased in my opinions of games. Twinkle Star Sprites is my favorite shooter. I love the two player simultaneous competitive action it provides. It’s cute, and fun! Mark of the Wolves is visually the most impressive neo game to date, and the game play ranks at the top of 2D fighters today. However, games like Ganryu, I consider that game to look like barf and play like barf. The game looks like a ’90 release, not a ’99. If someone is willing to write reviews for neo games, I will gladly host the reviews and give them full credit. I think adding a screenshots section, like Billkwando’s Under the Neo-Geo Moon site would be a great addition. They say a picture says a thousand words. Hey Bill, care if I borrow a few hundred-screen shots?
biggrin.gif

Mike

Bead Banger
Shawn- I guess we should go ahead and start reviewing some games. I'll write what I think about the games that I own and send my review to you via e-mail. If you like it and nobody sends in a better review for the same game then you could put it on the site, if not well...my feelings won't be hurt. Good idea? Bad idea?

Robi15

20 Year Member
What does gargoyle7 say? Screenshots would be very good too. This site would be with reviews and screenshots,complete. I would love to write but my english is not flawless.

Robi15

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Robi15, I would have no problem editing your work if you needed some help.

I suck at writing my own stuff, but I sure can find all the problems in someone elses writings!
smile.gif

Keith

Shawn

snkusa.com
I will be accepting reviews for neo games via email. I will add a reviews section to neo-geo.com once I have enough reviews to work with. I will give credit to the author of each review, and each review will be given a unique page of it’s own. Please provide me with your name as you want it displayed, and tell me if you want your email listed as well.

Robi15

20 Year Member
Mouse master, if you could edit them and make some words and mentions over, I would gladly write some reviews. It would finally be up to Shawn to see things over. I'll make some and lets see what people think!

Thanks

Robi T

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Adding reviews is stupid (IMO).

Everyone as their own ideas.
Look at movies.....
somecritics will say a movie was terrible and other people will say it was great. People can never get a good idea based on one or 2 reviews.

If you must do a review section, then have the same 4 or 5 people review all the games.

I for one would be willing to join the review crew because I don't like fighting games, and I will be very objective.

On the other hand, I love shooters and puzzle games, so I will actually evaluate those games deeply and give honest reviews.

I'm here to help.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Robi15

20 Year Member
That's right. Everybody has different tastes. But reviews help little to guid you on your way, cause the games are expansive. It's interesting to read what other people think about those games and then when you get that particular game, you can compere this reviews with your own conclusions.

Robi15

Dion

I said I'm all for it. All someone has to do is set up a review section and a crew.

I'll be part of the 4 or 5 reviewers. And I already have all the games.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Bwahahahahaha I love Shawn's sense of humor!

I think it would be funny if shawn reviewed games. Would give the place a more personal air, instead of being www.buymyneostuff.com plus Shawn could give us the lowdown on the crap titles, and show that he's not JUST about sell, sell, sell. Plus, if dion writes reviews, we can get a good laugh about JUST how far his ignorance extends. Mr. "my favorite games are AOF 2 and KOF 96".

I think it's really really funny when "collectors" write reviews. It gives you a glimpse into how much they REALLY play the games they hype, if at all. Since Shwan's got a fat stack, some mini reviews would be really enlightening!

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
http://welcome.to/undertheneogeomoon

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
BTW, I'm also accepting "guest reviews" which I announceed a few weeks back... if you have a review for ANY game, please send it to billkwando@yahoo.com and I'll post it up at Under The Neo Geo Moon when I do the upcoming review section!

BTW I have a new Mahjong Rule Guide for Neo Geo!

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
http://welcome.to/undertheneogeomoon

Shawn

snkusa.com
Bill,
Honestly, I only play a handful of the neo games in my collection, but I’m willing to add reviews submitted from other people. I sense frustration from you. Does this have anything to do with your dead bbs you warned me about? If neo-geo.com’s main purpose was to sell, sell, sell, you would think that the link to my sale page would be placed a tad higher than 6th from the top. I enjoy selling carts, and I enjoy expanding neo-geo.com. This is a hardcore hobby for me, and I have invested a lot of time and money into making neo-geo.com what it is today. Soon a screenshots section will be added, and a review section. Knock my site all you like, I’m sure you have the best intentions. For a second I thought you were talking my site down to make yours look better.

Dion

Shawn Smallwood is ingorant and jealous of this forum. Why on Earth would he attack me for saying that I like AoF2 and KoF96???

It really makes you wonder.

I bet Smallwood hated "Gladiator" and makes fun of the people that said it was a good movie.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

[This message has been edited by Dion (edited August 29, 2000).]

Guys,

I actually have a site started where I review games, but my neo section isn't really that complete yet. If anyone wants to post reviews, i'll give you links to my site for the neo games that i do. I'm just offering, its up to you neo peeps out there.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Originally posted by Shawn:
Hey Bill, care if I borrow a few hundred-screen shots?
biggrin.gif

If you'd like screen shots, I could gladly help. Half to most of what I sent Bill & nearly all that I sent others I kept backups of. Of course I can take original shots if desired, so neo-geo.com would not be flooded with only rehashes, but I wouldn't want to re-take another 750 or so. Anyhow I'm here to help along with anyone else who likes to snap with NeoRAGEx. I know I'm not the only one who enjoys taking screen shots regularly.

Patrick

n00b
I think it would be nice to have a review section. I need help with which games to buy.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Neo Bomber Man. Thanks for offering to provide me with the screenshots, but someone has already agreed to this project. I’m paying him $100 for making original jpeg snap shots with an emulator. I offered Spoonman $100 to use his pics, even though he says anyone is welcome to use the screenshots as long as they provide a link. However, Spoonman’s acceptance of the $100 offer was too late.

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
I hope you guys know of my review site, and I welcome visitors. I'm a big fan of more reviews, as my goal is to help remedy the lack of Neo Geo in print - its just not talked about enough!

Also, I do make screensavers, and have a lot of enlarged MVS marquees that make great wallpaper.

Just thought I'd toss this in
smile.gif

Lee (garg7) http://www.neogeotemple.com