RGB / SCART to YUV / Component - pot / knob / resistor / screw adjustment & troubleshootin

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I've fixed one of these personally by bypassing the need for the PSU and running the power straight from the AES and the problem was instantly gone. For another customer I just sold them a better power supply and the problem went away so say what you want.

Can you tell if I'm having the problem he's describing? I wasn't really able to get a handle on exactly what effect he was talking about.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Can you tell if I'm having the problem he's describing? I wasn't really able to get a handle on exactly what effect he was talking about.

I think what he quoted me saying was my response to you about interference. I think he's referring to the convergence which is the bendy part which you showed a video of after that I made that post.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
This is bounce effect:

TU1Ay.jpg

See the shadow over the leafs? This example is the first Sonic for the sega genesis.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Du you mean that outline that indicates the sharpness is turned up way too high?

Sharpness on zero still does it.

This is really noticeable on the sega genesis and the n64.

Another example I used to test this was Zelda Ocarina of Time, the map on the right bottom part of the screen has a black boarder, using bad cables that black boarder would have an extra red boarder added to it.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Sharpness on zero still does it.

This is really noticeable on the sega genesis and the n64.

Another example I used to test this was Zelda Ocarina of Time, the map on the right bottom part of the screen has a black boarder, using bad cables that black boarder would have an extra red boarder added to it.

I definitely don't have that problem.

Which model converter are you using, btw?

Last edited:

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
I've used several, including the one you have.

Right now I'm using JS Technology one that is considered the best one.

The first time people mentioned it to me that it might be PSU related, I added an isolated transformer to my gaming consoles and one for my tv.
Since this didn't disappeared I've added a low pass filter of 15khz to sync but this only solved a tiny wave problem I was having with the neo geo.

Than I swapped the cables and the problem still persist but much more faint now.

One thing I've noticed is that cinema/theater mode on my Sony 38 inches CRT drastically improves the image, having those edges.
So I went to the tv service menu but still wasn't able to find any function that might reduce it.

One thing to notice is that this only happens with a few games and in a few consoles. I've tried several variations of consoles and several variations of game cartridges, including the everdrive, this still occur.

DANIPSX

n00b
hI! how are you?

I have a problem with my rgb cable. I have a neogeo aes jap, with a non original power supply with the same 5v and 3A than the original.

I have bad image on my tv using the rgb, but using the av cable I don´t have the same problem.

The problem could be the cable?

Thanks a lot!.

I'm posting some images about the problem.

f2bh.jpg

gfuh.jpg

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
hI! how are you?

I have a problem that has nothing to do with this topic but I'm just gonna post it here anyway

Thread hijacking is always a good way to start out on a new forum.

I've used several, including the one you have.

Right now I'm using JS Technology one that is considered the best one.

Do you have a pic or a link to this device? Who considers it the best one? From what I've heard, the Kramer FC-14 is considered to be the "best" one, according to the deep pockets folks.

I only have my own to judge by, but I don't see how it could look any better. ;)

Edit: I did find this about the converter....apparently it's not recommended for US users: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97922&sid=41d86751e29f65f11a2045da18762c71#p97922

Last edited:

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Edit: I did find this about the converter....apparently it's not recommended for US users: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97922&sid=41d86751e29f65f11a2045da18762c71#p97922

Weird I have the following systems on RGB via this converter:

32x + genesis + sega cd
nes rgb modded
snes
neo geo aes / mvs consolized
a supergun which every board I own worked.
nintendo 64 rgb modded
dreamcast
ps2
ps1
xbox
jaguar + jaguar cd
sega saturn
game cube pal (rgb)

all those work just fine, they are all linked together with hanna switch boxes.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Weird I have the following systems on RGB via this converter:

32x + genesis + sega cd
nes rgb modded
snes
neo geo aes / mvs consolized
a supergun which every board I own worked.
nintendo 64 rgb modded
dreamcast
ps2
ps1
xbox
jaguar + jaguar cd
sega saturn
game cube pal (rgb)

all those work just fine, they are all linked together with hanna switch boxes.

Do you use an NTSC CRT?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yeah NTSC.

Still component has nothing to do with PAL and NTSC format as far as I know.

That's correct. NTSC and PAL have nothing to do with Component. Like most converters, they expect a certain range for the input levels. If anything is out of the range, that's when you have compatibility issues. Sometimes sync rate is weird and sometimes RGB voltage is too high or too low. If you monitor a connection that works perfectly then you can figure out the range/voltage your converter likes.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
Does this just need RGB, sync and 5v to work with a MVS?
I has this before but can't get a stable picture after the Unibios boot screen.