RGOTM - May 2019: Elevator Action Returns

geise

Mickey's Coach
ea2-flyer_resized.jpg
Elevator Action Returns takes the win by 3 and only 3 votes! This is an amazing game that actually is nice to play for score. I am sure most with either play the Arcade PCB or Saturn release but I will let the other ports on ps2, pc and Xbox be allowed. Everything should stay default settings. For now I will keep all scores in one score table.

High Scores
Code:
[U]Name - Score - Stage - Character - Platform[/U]

1. Chosen One - 719,600 - ALL - Edie Burret - PCB
2. Geise - 213,300 - Stage 4 - Edie Burret - Saturn
3. Dogg - 205,500 - Stage 4 - Edie Burret - Saturn

Last edited:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Cool, maybe there will be more than 2 people trying this out unlike last month. :thevt:

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
b22c2a2eb367b2c2709cd243c2718353.jpg

Chosen One - 334,800 - Stage 5 - The hot chick - PCB

Just a few tips, Melee kills are 2x on points as are fire kills. Killing anyone in the dark is 2X points and stacks with the melee/fire so shooting out the light then fire grenade a 200 pt bad guy is worth 800 pts.

I use the girl as her fire grenade is easily placed and lasts a while. Crouch when throwing and it doesn’t go too far, making it easy to place by doors etc.

Last edited:

geise

Mickey's Coach
Nice The_Chosen_One. Score updated. Hope to get some play in myself tonight or tomorrow. It's an easy pick up and play game so it's good for people that don't have a ton of time to spend, but want something to play.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
What's the difference(s) between Saturn and PCB?

Hoping to submit a score this month depending kid-o soccer and reschedule games, thanks rain!

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
What's the difference(s) between Saturn and PCB?

Hoping to submit a score this month depending kid-o soccer and reschedule games, thanks rain!

I haven’t played the Saturn version but it’s pretty commonly accepted as arcade perfect.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I haven’t played the Saturn version but it’s pretty commonly accepted as arcade perfect.

Yeah AFAIK the only real difference is that they saturn port has an extra digit(s) in the score counter preventing
the game from being counter-stopable.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Yeah. I don't know about the other ports though. I assume similar. Regardless I believe the difficulty is the same between ports at default. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I have not played the ps2, pc, or xbox ports. Still I'm going to keep it all in one score board for now.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Great game. I started playing a bit last night on Saturn, took The_Chosen_One's tips to hart with his big boy score as proof that he knows what is what. I hope to have something worthwhile posted up soon.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Been a good while since I've played though this game. It was a reason I wanted to add this for the RGOTM. So I did a few runs today and this was my best so far. Really tried using the bombs a lot.
EAR_score1.jpg
Geise - 213,300 - Stage 4 - Edie Burret - Saturn

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Been playing a few more runs and wanted to expand my tips above a bit. Fire kills being double points means grenades, barrels that explode/roll, and the rocket launcher (L) weapon. Always get the rocket lawnchair when you get a choice between it and the machine gun.

Bulbs you shoot out kill the lights for the floor they are on, ironically shooting out a second bulb will turn the lights back on. There are breaker boxes on some walls and they kill the lights for every floor on screen, sometimes they are hard to see as they blend in to the background. Stage 4 has a couple at the last section that are easy to miss.

Double points in the dark applies to everything. Point items you pick up, kills, everything. When going to a floor plan it by hitting a light then getting the kill. If there’s a point item or two hit a light before grabbing them. Same for red doors, they equal 1000pts, in the dark = 2000pts.

You can milk points in most stages but you’re on a timer, it’ll appear on screen when your at a minute and countdown. Usually other than stage one you go through em fairly quick and might not realize. You can stand and melee the guys at the end of stage one, two, and four for a decent bit. You can do it stage five as well but it’s a bit riskier.

Also, use your jump to damage things. Don’t waste grenades on the debri on the floor that break and can give you items. I use the jump for the little robot guys quite a bit too.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Yeah I was milking on stage one a bit. Using bombs on stage two is ideal. Tons of points when you are being bombarded from both sides.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Yeah I was milking on stage one a bit. Using bombs on stage two is ideal. Tons of points when you are being bombarded from both sides.

I always do that for the flying guys on 2&3 and in the plane on 2. You get a ton of points from those sections

Edit: Better up your game boys, almost got the clear last night. Killed the last boss but ran out of time. I’ll post a new score up tonight.

Last edited:

geise

Mickey's Coach
Damn fine work! I still have yet to touch the game again. I have time soon. Very awesome score. Added!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I still have yet to play this game lol. My f3 is in another castle being used for projects. Hopefully I'll get it back soon so I can get in on this.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Little late but wanted to thank the few that participated.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I've had longplays of this on in the background, like white noise while working。Colors of Night.