Robo Army.. US and Euro Carts Identical?

dan3skate

Quiz Detective
Hi,

I was curious if anybody knows if the robo army carts are identical (and inner boards) for the US and EURO versions?

Thanks!

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
I am not positive, but I think the PCBs are all the same regardless of the region (JP, US, or ER). The only difference is the sticker put on the cart, the manual, and the insert in the case. In fact, some of my US AES carts have "double" stickers where it looks like two stickers were put on top of each other. Perhaps the first sticker was for the Japanese version and then SNK decided to "convert" the cart to the US version by putting a US sticker over the original Japanese one, put it in a case with a US insert and US manual?

ifkz

n00b
My new old stock Sengoku is like this, I opened the box and saw a double sticker on the cart. A JAPAN region sticker was underneath the USA region one. If I had an AES back in the day I would have been quite mad after spending several hundred dollars on the cart. Now I just think it is a neat oddity.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Stickers on a cart is always an odd thing for me to properly feel settled by. I know I would want a good sticker over a crappy one or lack of one, but losing the heritage of the cart because someone wanted to clean up the look is a little bit sad at the same time.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
This really puts into perspective how insubstantial the JP/US "version" differences are.
Plus now I know why my Magician Lord has double-stickers. :)