Room mate horror stories...

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
As I sit here alone in my palatial Tokyo refrigerator box, I began thinking about all the rommies I had before. I also realized that I am damn glad I don't have any anymore.

Now this one is a little long but trust me, it is worth it. Some of the members who live in Oklahoma may actually have seen this on the news.

I am from Louisiana but at the time I was going to school at UCO in Edmond, Oklahoma. The year was 2002, I think. Anyway, me and Vince were staying in the same apartment and we were waiting for our new roomie to arrive. We looked on the list and saw-"Preston Dunn, California." So we thought to ourselves, "Huh, must be a white boy." We were surprised when this Chinese-American extra from "Revenge of the Nerds part 25" walked in. At first, he seemed like an okay guy. A little dorky but not too bad. Things soon changed.

This guy was obsessed with the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building that happened some years earlier. He talked about it all the fucking time. Not like he wanted to recreate it or anything, but about how it "touched his soul" and stuff like that. It didn't creep us out at first but he kept talking about it. Especially the little baby girl you see in the photo with the firefighter. Soon after, we made it a point to ignore him and run like hell whenever we saw him coming.

Fast forward a few months. The phone rings:
"Hello?"
"This is agent Jones of the FBI. Does a Preston Dunn currently live in your apartment?"
"Uhhhhhh, yeah."
"Thank you."
--click--

A couple of days later Preston tells us that an Oklahoma news station is going to do a "human interest story" about him and his interest in the bombing. The night it came on we were huddled around the tube (Preston was somewhere else) and we watched the horror unfold.

While he was still living in California, he somehow managed to figure out where that baby girl (I think her name was Bailey) was buried and started sending letters to the grave. He even posted pictures on some website that catalogs graves. The mother of the baby was furious since she wanted the location kept secret. She took the letters and sent them to the F.B.I. They had been watching this guy ever since he arrived in Oklahoma.

One night, there was a 911 memorial at the Murrah bombing site. Preston was there and he introduced himself to the girl's mom. She immediately called the FBI. It turns out this sicko had even bought a burial plot two spaces away from where she was buried. All of this came out in the "human interest story" that showed him to be the complete whacko he was.

As soon as the story was over, he comes back and goes straight to his room. We can hear him talking on the phone to someone and then he starts screaming about how he wants to kill himself. Vince calls the cops and they come and take him away.

Later, we are reading the paper and find out he was banned from the state. You may even be able to find some shit about him online.

I showed you mine, now show me yours.

Jeff

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
My old housemates wouldnt eat anything that was already open in the refrigerator, they were sure I pissed in it! :kekeke:

I never did really, but they all thought I was the kind of guy to do that...

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Lived with a pretty wacky one in college.

He was fascinated with road-kill. His buddies would come by and dump trash bags at the front door for him. He was also determined to have a possum skull....why? I don't know. I'm gone and he thinks if he boils the head of this dead possum [in MY pot] the meat will loosen and he can get a clean skull. He boils it for an hour, but it doesn't seem to help. So he puts the lid on and leaves it for 2 days. I come home right as he decides to open the pot to check on it. We then have to live with the door open for about 6 hours to air the place out.

He also posed nude for a photographer and hung up his photos.

Other than that, he was a good roommate :oh_no:

aria

Former Moderator
SoloFenris said:
Now this one is a little long but trust me, it is worth it. Some of the members who live in Oklahoma may actually have seen this on the news.

More than worth it. What's this doing in the War Room? I'm moving it to Unrelated, heck, the story's good enough to be one of those threads that people link to on other forums.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I could tell you a boatload of insane, crazy roomates in my college days...

One that comes to mind is a roomate I had in my junior year.

I went back to school during the summer for my fraternity's summer picnic/keg party. While I was there, the talk of the picnic was this kid that was down at Ocean City at a party. There was some big house party and a few of my brothers along with our sister sorority were there. Evidently there were a bunch of greeks hanging out and since no one knew what other orgs people were in, they were all going around the room one at a time saying "I'm a Sig Pi from xx or I'm an AST from xxx"

Well, this kid from the back says "I'm a Phi Psi from York College."

My brothers weren't in the house at the time and our sisters were shocked.. they go over and it turns out it's this C-R-A-Z-Y kid from my school that was trying to pledge. Anyways, no one wants to make a scene, but our sisters just verbally berate this kid and leave the party to find my brothers and let them know what happened. By the time they get back, the kid split.

It's the INSULT of insults to claim you're in a fraternity or sorority if you're not. I won't get into it, but it's about the worst thing you can do.

Anyways, the story goes around, the brothers are PISSED.

I decided to take the roomate lottery that year. I had an on-campus suite with a few friends (there were two to a suite, but we all had different rooms and the same common area) I get my roomate letter in the mail. I didn't know the person, but I go back up for a party and we're all joking around about new roomates for the people on campus. I say "I got ****" and about everyone's jaw dropped.

I said "What?" and they said, "That's **** from the OC party."

Anyways, I moved back in early and I had the room the previous year. I unpacked my shit and grabbed a few friends to go out for a beer. I came back and ALL of my shit is in the hallway. This kid and his dad took everything out while I was gone, put his shit every where and left me to set my stuff up again in the space left.

I wanted to kick the shit out of the guy, but unfortunately, I couldn't. I had gotten in to a few scuffles already in the previous years, I didn't want to get kicked off the wrestling team and well... fucking with him was a far better and more entertaining option.

This kid was fucking NUTS. The first thing we found out was he was a pathological liar. He denied the whole story every chance and it would make him so uncomfortable when we brought it up he would snap or just leave. We had a lot of fun with that.

The second thing was that he was a kleptomaniac. We didn't realize this until a few months in when we realized a lot of our personal items and shit were missing. Everyone knew each other and we had a pretty communal attitude. One of my friends was borrowing a shirt from him and he looks through his drawers for the shirt and he pulls out this concrete head.

The concrete head was from a lawn statue I got in HS during a scavenger hunt. WE took the statue, painted him like an indian and he was our football "mascot" if you will. At the end of the season, I busted him up and kept the head. It was sort of a joke/memento that stayed with me for years.. we did all the stupid shit with it, posing in pictures, drinking with it, stupid games.. you name it. He looked like he was giving a blow job, so we dubbed him "Little Boy Blew".

My buddy comes out and says "Dude, look what I found.. Little Boy Blew.. and he was in XXXX's drawer."

My roomates lose it.. they said "What else does he have in there?" My buddy who has NO MORALS OR COUTH goes in, turns over every one of his drawers and EVERYTHING missing is there.. even shit we didn't realize that was gone.

We confront him and he's just freaking... no one really wanted to push the kid or anything, we thought it more hillarious and shocking than offended. (Live with drunks and potheads.... no one gives a shit about anything.) He dissapears for a week.

Everything's calm when he comes back, he's just persona non-grata.

I was doing a Rush event that week and one night we came home. I checked my messages and this girl left a message.... the important part: "I'm sorry I missed you, you're probably doing somethign for Phi Psi"

HA! We had proof.

I dub it to my computer and leave. HE comes home while I'm out and deletes the message. I come home, turn on my computer and WHOA! The startup sound is "Doing something for Phi Psi" and he turns around MORTIFIED. For the next month, everytime he gets annoying or we just want to fuck around, we play the message.

For Rush, he shows up to an event. No one is a real dick to him, but we let him know, you're not getting a bid. The rest of my roomates who weren't brothers got bids, but he didn't know that they even wanted to pledge. He talked a bunch of shit to them about how he's gonna get in no matter what and they all tell him they they all got bids and he figured out he wasn't.

He was practically in tears. It's pretty quiet the rest of the semester. He just continues to spin his obviously BS yarns, act like a douchebag and generally act psychotic.

The next semester, we come back from break and all of his stuff is out of the room, one of my roomates dropped out of school during the break and his stuff is in that room.

Turns out he went to the dean and wove this story about how his poor performance in school was attributed to me waking him up in the middle of the night, drinking everyday and all other sorts of lies.

I was a pretty good roomate. I let everyone use my shit, I was hardly ever in my room between traveling for wrestling meets or fraternity stuff. About all I ever did in my room was play playstation, pass out or fuck my girlfriend or girls I brought hom from parties on the weekends. My room was a place to store my shit, that's it.

He gets into the new room and we pretty much leave him alone, we had our fun and we just accepted him for being nuts. His roomate didn't really care, he was a nice guy and didn't want to get into the middle of it. He continues his "Act" and things get much worse. He stops going to class altogether, starts smoking JUST so he can get the patch.. (I'm not kidding....) and starts stalking some sorority chicks.

It got so bad that another fraternity was trying to kick his ass at our apartment while we were away and he was there because one girl was a girlfriend. We got there in the nick of time. Between being on the wrestling team, known for being a very good fighter and having a lot of respect from other greeks, I intervened on his behalf. I told them, "This guy is fucking nuts, I know because I live with him. You're not going to get anything out of this other than probably kicked out of school because this is considered being on campus and this kid WILL tell the dean. He's not worth it and I will NOT let this happen at my place. Back off."

They left. More crazy shit like this happens and eventually he gets kicked out of school altogether.

HE showed up at the end of the year at a party somehow and was saying he was getting back in and pledging. They threw him out. We heard he was still doing that act, got in some sort of trouble back home and was in community college.

About a year after I graduated, I was walking to my job from the subway, I hear some idiot yelling my name from across the street and it's this fucking guy. He's waving and shit with a bunch of his friends. I turn around and say "Go fuck yourself you fake greek faggot." His buddies laugh at him and that's the last I ever heard of him.

There's a lot more to it than that.. and I don't feel like typing all of the fucked up stuff this guy did.. but you get the point.

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
Bobak said:
More than worth it. What's this doing in the War Room?

I was just anticipating the eventual war-room move. I thought I would save you the trouble.

Jeff

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
My worst room mate once set fire to the flat when the rest of us were asleep. And then demanded sympathy as her jeans were damaged.

Later, she turned on all the gas rings but didn't light them and fell asleep on the kitchen floor. When my other flat mate woke he smelt gas and went to investigate. The girl thenn went nuts at him when he woke her as he wouldn't let her have a cigarette.

There was also the time the police kicked down the door as she'd unplugged the washing machine and it was flooding the flat below. She was asleep in her (charred) room through out that episode.

I moved out after that. Into a room I shared with a family of squirrels, they eat t-shirts if they get a chance btw. Still perferable to her though.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Who the hell would make up the fact that they were in a Frat?

I've never heard of a Poser wannabe before.

Tacitus

Staff member
DangerousK said:
So would that make you a faggot times two....or faggot squared? :spock: :lolz:

That ain't even the half of it, big dick daddy.

Tacitus

Staff member
norton9478 said:
Who the hell would make up the fact that they were in a Frat?

I've never heard of a Poser wannabe before.

Here's one hell of a good reason:

(NSFW) Click Me

Last edited by a moderator:

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
My housemate's vacuum cleaner is so old that it has a special setting for shag carpet.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
Here's one hell of a good reason:

Click Me

Next time give me a warning on NSFW shit.

Well, I can waste $350 a semester on that type of shit Too!. without Joining.
And I know Frats just save the best shit for Rush... To impress non-members to pony up to pay for thier clique.

And I don't have to refer to a bunch of Douche Bags as my brothers.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:

And I know Frats just save the best shit for Rush... To impress non-members to pony up to pay for thier clique.

Wow, I actually agree on all of norton's points for a change. :D

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Wow, I actually agree on all of norton's points for a change. :D

Frats: Rush, Don't Pledge...

Frats will throw money, beer, food and sex at you to get you to pledge...... Come join up, this is what it's like to be a brother... bla bla bla..

It's Like the Free Weekend on Showtime..... They put all the best movies on to get you to order. Then once the free weekend ends, it's back to Soldier Boyz and the Beastmaster V. And you are like "Holy Shit! I just got my fill of the good stuff for free.... WHy the fuck am I wasting $10 a month?"

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
College roomates

#1 - The biggest nerd I've ever met. Majored in Math, was into Forbidden Planet and video games from the 80s. Didn't go out much. What surprised me is that he actually had a G/F and I walked in on them sleeping together once.

#2 The hockey Freak. He was all about hockey. Wasn't around much. Walked in on him kissing his G/F.

#3 The gay guy. Was randomly assigned to me my first year of going to school away from home. Got along with him pretty well. He went out to drink all the time in the bars even though he was 19-20 w/o a fake ID. Listened to Tori Amos. I would've clocked him if he made a move on me, but he wasn't interested. He was depressed all the time, and slept most of the day. Eventually dropped out. He didn't pay his share of the phone bill and left me with it. This is the only roomate I didn't walk in on (thank god).

Tacitus

Staff member
norton9478 said:

Without degenerating into a flame war...

It's obvious you're a bitter person with a very narrow view. For your left-leaning "acceptance and tolerance" shit, you're not exactly practicing what you preach. You've got all of the accuracy and insight of a george bush cabinet meeting.

Also, if you've never been in a greek organization, how can you tell me that the best stuff is saved for rush? You can't, because you don't know. As a lifelong member I can honestly tell you that Rush in cool and all, but the best shit BY FAR was stuff that was stuff that non-members probably don't even know about.... hell some of that is stuff that was after college.

You're out of your depth, so just stop.

Tacitus

Staff member
norton9478 said:
Frats: Rush, Don't Pledge...

Frats will throw money, beer, food and sex at you to get you to pledge...... Come join up, this is what it's like to be a brother... bla bla bla..

It's Like the Free Weekend on Showtime..... They put all the best movies on to get you to order. Then once the free weekend ends, it's back to Soldier Boyz and the Beastmaster V. And you are like "Holy Shit! I just got my fill of the good stuff for free.... WHy the fuck am I wasting $10 a month?"

....and what fraternity were you in that makes you know that all of this shit is true?

Until you've actually been a member, STFU.

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
....and what fraternity were you in that makes you know that all of this shit is true?

The fraternities from my old school were kind of sad and the frat houses were giant shit-holes that ran out of booze at around 11pm.

Freshmen and other social cripples went to the frat parties.

While everyone else went to downtown to the bar scene and concerts.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
Without degenerating into a flame war...

It's obvious you're a bitter person with a very narrow view. For your left-leaning "acceptance and tolerance" shit, you're not exactly practicing what you preach. You've got all of the accuracy and insight of a george bush cabinet meeting.

Also, if you've never been in a greek organization, how can you tell me that the best stuff is saved for rush? You can't, because you don't know. As a lifelong member I can honestly tell you that Rush in cool and all, but the best shit BY FAR was stuff that was stuff that non-members probably don't even know about.... hell some of that is stuff that was after college.

You're out of your depth, so just stop.

That's the VT with the Sandy V that I used to know and love.

Yeah I'm Bitter and have a Narrow view.... Arn't we all.

I don't find my comments to be against my views on "acceptance and tollerance shit". I'm a Lenny Bruce Liberal. Not a Joe Liberman.

After reading many of my NG.com posts, you should already know that the above is largely fecious and even written to raise the your Ire.

I never Joined a Frat.... There you got me there. I didn't feel that that was the life for me. Maybe I'll enumerate why at a later time.

I do know something about fraternities. I have family members that have been all through greek orgs. I used to crash rushes for the free beer. I even once considered joining a frat (That my bro later ended up in).

I wouldn't recomend that 90% or the college population join a frat.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:

I've never been a Member of the "Brokeback Mountain Pup Tent Re-Enactment Club".

But I'm pretty sure that I don't have to join to know what it's about.