Rot Need Help in Moving Tech Threads...

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Ever since it got broken up into sections, I feel like the resident helpers just can't be bothered to click each one individually. I used to be able to get some good help here with stuff, but now it is much less easy to get that same help due to the fact there are to many sections for it. I just doubt my decisions when deciding where I should place a thread. It was great before, you throw a thread there, the better tech's just enter that single forum and pick stuff at their leisure. Now, it has to many sections/sub-sections. Some of those sub forums will get very little help. Personally, I am all for separating the console stuff to a separate forum. Boot or no boot could just be its own thread, controlled or started by a mod and stickied. A example of the frustration is when it comes to monitors. Where will I have better luck, asking in arcade tech support, asking in the monitor section?

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I agree that Boot or No Boot as a forum is excessive and could just be a thread at the least. I think the three large sections are good without being too much though. Monitors and displays are VERY different from regular game hardware. Seeing how there's a Neo Selling and Neo Discussion, it makes sense to include Neo tech support too.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Sadly I agree. The usefulness of tech support pretty much collapsed as soon as it was split up.

It was a good idea, but we now see it looked better on paper than in execution.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Half the reason is it isn't being used properly. The other half is it isn't organized.

Arcade & Console could be made into just General Tech.

Neo Tech, General Tech, and Monitors & Displays are what is needed to so things are easier for ppl to find imo. Boot or No Boot could indeed be a stickied thread.

Properly moving all the threads into their proper forum is no easy task. Those 19,000 threads in Neo Tech alone need to be sorted through.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Evidently the forum is not wheelchair accessible and the cripples are getting all uppity about it. :oh_no:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Do people really not use the 'new posts' function? I only click on forum titles when I need to submit a new thread.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Merge'em back.

The main problem are the sub forums.
Arcade Tech forums is too hidden for its use.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
No...

xROTx

PS. I will slightly revamp it... but unlike the International forums the Tech section gets good traffic...
PPS. You'll just have to start concentrating lads... can't be too hard for you hardcore geeks... can it now?

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Yes. Please re-condense the tech forums, and please delete the NGX sub-forum and add a NGP forum while you are at it.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Noted... and will do...

xROTx

PS. I will change it... but next fook that pm's me will die...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi Lads...

I have condensed the Tech Forum... however, there are 500plus pages of threads...

I wonder if some of you can just either pm me or place links to the threads that need to be moved...

It's simple:

NEO Related Tech Threads...
NON-NEO Related Tech Threads...
MONITORS...
BOOT or NOT BOOT...

Thanks again for the help...

xROTx

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'll keep a lookout for misplaced threads bro.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I like the change so far, it seems much more convenient and better to find a spot to place threads!

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Here's a suggestion. Is Shawn ever going up update the main page? It's been dormant for a long, long time. The last update was in June of 2013.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Here's a suggestion. Is Shawn ever going up update the main page? It's been dormant for a long, long time. The last update was in June of 2013.

I am unsure about this... the man is MIA atm:D

Hey Rot, I was going to PM you about this but I've used up all my lives. Please change the NGX forum to NGP or remove it alltogether.

I might do that... but that would involve me moving a ZILLION threads... geez...

xROTx

PS. This thread has turned into how much work can you make for one drunken azn...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I thought about posting a thread about how to jailbreak the NGX and load every single game made for it onto a single SD card. But nah.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I have condensed the Tech Forum... however, there are 500plus pages of threads...

I wonder if some of you can just either pm me or place links to the threads that need to be moved...

It's not simple with 19k threads man. I made a suggestion to VT and never heard back from him on it. I'll leave it at that.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I might do that... but that would involve me moving a ZILLION threads... geez...

xROTx

PS. This thread has turned into how much work can you make for one drunken azn...

Just delete all the NGX threads ;)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
what would you want to put up there? If you ask me it should just be a minimalist page with the choices "NeoStore", "Forums" and "Archive". "Archive" leading to what the homepage is now.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
what would you want to put up there? If you ask me it should just be a minimalist page with the choices "NeoStore", "Forums" and "Archive". "Archive" leading to what the homepage is now.

Something, Anything man. lol It just seems kinda bland with what's up now. Just get rid of the whole dates thing and add something different.