S-video is black and white?

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I've never used s-video before. But I know when I used to use the snes it would come up black and white so I would have to change the channel and change it back. I'm not sure if it's the same, but you could try?

POOPERSCOOPER

Zero's Secretary
ya, I tried that but still no color. I hope my saturn isnt f'd up.

<small>[ February 01, 2003, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: POOPERSCOOPER ]</small>

NEOFREAK9189

Sakura's Bank Manager
20 Year Member
I tried compositive cable the yellow one or tried the saturn in another tv or another s_video cable

POOPERSCOOPER

Zero's Secretary
Well i ordered the s-video and it took awhile to come in, and right now I only have the RF cable wich doesn't look to good. Is it the saturn or the cable?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Sounds like the Chrominance portion of the video isn't making it to the Tv.

Inside a standard Svideo cable you have 4 pins.

1 pin is for Chrominance (Color portion of the video - also called C) and a ground for it. You also have a Luminance pin (The Black and White portion of the picture - also called the Y) and a ground pin for it.

Check both cable ends and check the tv to make sure none of these pins are bent or somehow missing.

Can you plug another video device in that outputs Svideo to test your TV?

SNKFreak

Banned
I'm guessing it's your TV. Check to see that you didnt break the little pins in the S-Video in (maybe you tried to put it in wrong and it bent or broke them). Either that or it may be an internal problem with your TV.

Then again... it could be the S-Video cable.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
It's a prob with the tv.I had this prob as well with this garbage large screen GE I owned..
-BB
I LOVE IT!!!-Dion Dakis

POOPERSCOOPER

Zero's Secretary
I have a Sony Trinitron 27' TV. THe S video cable looks fine, all the pins are there and are straight. Is there anyways to fix the problem without spending money?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Have you tested the svideo in on your tv with any other game system or video device?