Salamander 2 PCB 2p control issue

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I fired up my Salamander 2 board (Konami GX) last night and the 2p controls are all screwed up. Looks like direction inputs are not responding properly. Either no response, lagged or sometimes the ship just drifts off. Very weird.

Tested a ton of other boards and no issue so I don't think it's cab side. Anyone know what the issue could be? Everything checks out on startup.

If pics of the board would help, let me know! Thanks in advance.

arcade game

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I fired up my Salamander 2 board (Konami GX) last night and the 2p controls are all screwed up. Looks like direction inputs are not responding properly. Either no response, lagged or sometimes the ship just drifts off. Very weird.

Tested a ton of other boards and no issue so I don't think it's cab side. Anyone know what the issue could be? Everything checks out on startup.

If pics of the board would help, let me know! Thanks in advance.

I had a similar problem with a "double dragon 2 "board, 2nd player had problems when i use to push the kick button .it was giving me credits instead of a kick& when i use to press down on the joystick it would jump.so i was lucky to find the problem it was a "IC" next
To the jamma connector.it was kind of hard to tell,but it you look close to the picture on the bottom.one of the pins inside the "IC" was busted.so i found another board for parts.i replace the "IC" and it solve the problem.i hope this helps
[IM
c76c6e90310ffa6f8ea7da858bd610f6.jpg

6b3dd18897b29ac5f27e90aea52b5a3e.jpg

Last edited:

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
thanks man I appreciate the insight - gonna take a look at the board tomorrow and see if its a similar issue.

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Before replacing anything, take a close look at the bottom of the board. I had similar problems with a Violent Storm PCB (also from Konami), and the problem was caused by a couple of pins on the bottom of the board that were bent over and touching each other. For some reason Konami boards from this time period had some unusually long pins on the back (particularly for the joystick/button inputs) and they can easily get bent and touch each other causing the controls to do all sorts of weird things.