Samurai Shodown 3 listed for Virtual Console

fiolinagermi

Zero's Secretary
Apparently the graphics problems are not a glitch. I just assumed that were. Check out this video: http://www.nintendo.com/wii/online/virtualconsole/games/detail/IWYCJP5HWHPVcgB0N9LdLm0Mg_5FzTQC

I bought this game for my Wii. I just bought it because I wanted to see what the emulation was like, and SS3 is one of my favorite games. I have a Super Famicom, and two other NES virtual console games hooked up to my Samsung HDTV. Never had a problem with the video or displaying lower signals. When I booted up SS3, it had rainbows for lifebars instead of the regular lifebars, and the characters had the AES rainbow effect in their arms. I know the AES can produce this rainbow effect, but this is much much worse. The rainbowing effect is so bad it ruins the game.

There is a trick to fix the video where you hold down Z, A, and 2. I tried this, and the lifebars would appear sometimes, but it would always revert back to the rainbow effect when the screen moves.

I knew something had to be wrong, so I called Nintendo to see if there was a fix. All they basically had to say was to try changing the television, but I explained to them that this was the only television option I had in the home. On reading posts online to find out whether this was a television or composite issue, none of them seemed to reflect the problem that I was having.

On top of these issues, I was a bit dissappointed that the game was fixed into USA mode, and there was also some animation cuts. The one animation cut I noticed is that when Haohmaru would go into a super move, the screen would normally turn all red. On the game, the red background was just completely removed. There is also no blood in the game, and when I would try to enter the code to turn on the blood I would get nothing. Also, the game changes resolution frequently. At the end of rounds, you can notice a significant sign of scanlines and color fade.

Overall, I feel like it was a waste of money.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I wonder if it will have the fixed version as an option. I'm only saying this because SNK used some bootleg roms in their MS Anthology.

I paid 20 bucks for SS Anthology on ps2. I saw it at Toys R Us a while back for 5 bucks!!! I almost bought it, then said, uh, I have this already! Still thought, 5 bucks... So if anyone downloads this on wii for 8-10 bucks I'm guessing it cost, you'd be a fool.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I paid 20 bucks for SS Anthology on ps2. I saw it at Toys R Us a while back for 5 bucks!!! I almost bought it, then said, uh, I have this already! Still thought, 5 bucks... So if anyone downloads this on wii for 8-10 bucks I'm guessing it cost, you'd be a fool.

Great story, and you're right. . . unless you don't own a PS2.

I expect more out of a member that has rarely posted in 10 years. These moments are supposed to be like a lightning strike, not a fart.

:emb: :wink:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Stuck in US mode?
Come on.
Playing sam sho with no blood is counter intuitive

Great story, and you're right. . . unless you don't own a PS2.

I expect more out of a member that has rarely posted in 10 years. These moments are supposed to be like a lightning strike, not a fart.

:emb: :wink:

SS Antho is on Wii I guess I should of added that for you. I just farted.

Right. So, a person that does not own a PS2, but owns a Wii, would not be a "fool" for buying it for the Wii if they want to buy it.

:annoyed:

It'd be silly to download it from Virtual Console for the Wii yes. When you can but SSA for Wii. I don't see what you're problem is here.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
It'd be silly to download it from Virtual Console for the Wii yes. When you can but SSA for Wii. I don't see what you're problem is here.

Calling people a fool at the end of an off-point story and taking for granted other people's point of view isn't helping you - get another point of view. It's not my problem as much as it is yours, so don't deflect as if I have a problem.

Your comment no different then saying, "You can get that CD at the mall, you're silly to download it instead". Price is of some concern, but people of different markets have different preferences and values to measure the cost.

Calling people a fool at the end of an off-point story and taking for granted other people's point of view isn't helping you - get another point of view. It's not my problem as much as it is yours, so don't deflect as if I have a problem.

Your comment no different then saying, "You can get that CD at the mall, you're silly to download it instead". Price is of some concern, but people of different markets have different preferences and values to measure the cost.

Lol. Arlight dude.

I do think it's silly to download things instead of buying the physical copy. So long as the prices are comparable. That's how I'm always going to feel about it.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I do think it's silly to download things instead of buying the physical copy. So long as the prices are comparable.

Cool, and I doubt few would disagree. Myself included.

I think people here would argue more over whether the money had any sun fading, rather than the 5$ itself.