Saturn RGB vs. S-Video

AnechoicJinx

Edo Express Delivery Guy
For the Saturn, does RGB look worlds better than S-Video or are the differences negligible? Somewhere in between?

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
As much as I use my Saturn on my Nanao 29" arcade monitor, it does have fantasticly good S-Video output! I have a JPN white unit but I'd imagine they're much of a muchness in this department!;)

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
While RGB is superior to S-VIDEO, I haven't seen the difference myself.

I imagine it would be visible, but not so much as between composite and RGB (HUGE difference!).

AnechoicJinx

Edo Express Delivery Guy
The reason I was asking is that I've been using S-Video for a month....and then I just decided to do a side by side comparison with my original composite hookups. And holy shit! I couldn't believe the difference in quality.

So I was wondering if there's THAT kind of "OH MY GOD!!" type of difference between S-Video and RGB. But I suppose the difference isn't THAT great...so I'm satisfied :)

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Dreamer said:
While RGB is superior to S-VIDEO, I haven't seen the difference myself.

You may need glasses. I suggest you get an appointment with your optician immediately.

Last edited:

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
You may need glasses. I suggest you get an appointment with your optician immediately.

WHAT. THE. HELL.

IF you weren't such a dumb fucker and read through my whole post, you MAYBE would have gathered that I haven't SEEN the difference (meaning I haven't tried it out).

And I said: "I imagine (KEYWORD HERE) it would be visible".

So, where does this all leave us, hmm?

I would recommend you go to an optician YOURSELF.

Fucking dumbasses on the net...

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Your post was very much ambiguous. I apologise if my little joke caused you any serious bodily or mental harm.