Screw the Wii

BC_Gambit said:
Wow Lovergoat, that's more work than I've seen anyone do around here in a bit. Didn't really prove anything, but hey.

The Wii is a TOY. Yes, you could argue this about the xbox 360 or any other gaming system. You could also argue this when comparing a Ferrari to a Corolla, but it would be about as fruitful.

The Wii launched with 5 year old technology inside. That's a FACT. By the end of this console generation, it will be closer in power to those kids "leapfrog" game systems than it will be to the 360/PS3.

Does this mean it will have all bad games? Of course not. However, when I think back to being a kid, I know I loved my Atari 2600. However, the NES came out, and I was like SMB/Zelda... Got to have it. New gameplay/ great graphics , new abilities (passwords to save your progress... wooot! :) ) got me really excited as a kid.

I can't see the kids of today being so enthralled with waving their arms about that they ignore much better looking and IMO playing games on the other systems. If that were the case, the 2600 would probably still be the champ (maybe if the 2600 came out with a motion sensing controller people would have never switche to the NES :make_fac: ).

I think people will play the Wii for a bit, tire of it, and then wills spend 90% of their gaming time on one of the other consoles. Or if they're non gamers who got a kick out of waving a stick around the living room they'll go back to living real life.

Put it this way, I can see myself getting a wii for about $100-150 Cad. Then I can see buying super discount/used games that are easy to pick up and play. I can see myself having some fun. I can't see the Wii getting anywhere near the play time my 360 will get over the next couple of years.

Blah, blah, blah, we've all heard what you think, but right now there's no reason to believe your bloody personal preference has any meaning for the rest of the world. The Wii is selling, is getting lots of play time, and Wii owners don't seem to be tiring of it at all. Wifi internet, bluetooth, motion sensing, and always-on internet connectivity are the game console tech of 5 years ago? Man, fooled me.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
GD said:
I foresaw this, which is why I slept on Target's sidewalk on November 18th. At the time I felt stupid, but I was there with a friend, and all the Nintendo fans in line were hella cool. I got somewhat sick from sleeping outdoors in a camping chair with nothing but a sleeping bag and a towel wrapped around my head in 40 degree weather, but I got my system.

I knew that once the system launched in November, people were going to play it and the word of mouth would spread, and now a shitload of people want one. Nintendo has made plenty of systems, the demand is just higher right now. Hell the demand for Wii's is higher than the demand for PS3 from what I've been hearing.

So you're pissed that you couldn't just go out and buy one the week before Christmas? Lol.. Hendrix, be realistic please. Hell, DS systems are sold out in 90% of stores and they've had millions of them manufactured this year. Because it's the week before Christmas. Lots of shit is sold out this time of year.

There are plenty of places with PS3's on the shelves right now, but the Wii's continue to sell out the day they arrive. People keep saying the PS3 will catch up once enough are available, but they are availble now, if you really want one.

BioMotor_Unitron said:
There are plenty of places with PS3's on the shelves right now, but the Wii's continue to sell out the day they arrive. People keep saying the PS3 will catch up once enough are available, but they are availble now, if you really want one.

In terms of Nintendo vs. Sony, this might just be DS vs. PSP instead of GC vs. PS2. ;)

NeoGeo2k2

Noooooooo peeking ;-),
BioMotor_Unitron said:

Ditto.
Just yesterday alone I spoted 6 of them 4 20gb and 2 60gb.
Even Gamestop had 2 and no1 asked for them, the rest were in Walmart and Target.
I'll still take the PS3 any day over the wii, but that's just me.
And yes I do have both systems.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
jethrek said:
In terms of Nintendo vs. Sony, this might just be DS vs. PSP instead of GC vs. PS2. ;)

I am picking up a DS Lite today, finally. My newest game system since the X-Box that was a gift to me.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i got a note this christmas along with the usual socks and underwear and the note said "sorry, couldn't find a wii" fuck the wii!