Screwdriver for Neo Geo aes system

venchia3

n00b
Hi Everybody!

I'm finally a proud owner of a fully modded Neo Geo AES system! I'm obviously really satisfied, but now I want to upgrade the unibios with a newer version, so I tried to look a bit the position and the type of the screws in my jap aes system.

I'm not an expert in hardware, but I can tell you that in my system there are two different type of screws. The normal philips type, and 2 screws that to me seems like the gamebit security screw in the gamecube/nintendo system.

Like thise one plus or minus:

gamebit250.jpg

Now, what I want to ask to you all, more expert than me is: Which type of screwdriver do I need to unmount those two special screws? The gamebit screwdriver 4.5 mm could be ok? Or I can find somethin' cheaper in any retail store?

Thank you very much for the answers, and sorry for my bad english!

Greetings from Italy

Matteo

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Some modders will throw those inline security screws on the systems they work on to prevent tampering.

You can pick up a security screw set for ~$15-20 on ebay that usually has both sizes.

venchia3

n00b
I see! Maybe is really like that in this case, cause I didn't see anything similar on other neo geo...and plus more I never heard of security screws. Well then, I will buy a gamebit, seems the only effective toold to get rid of those screws and replace them with normal ones!