Sega CD won't power on

Jedite

Bunker Buster
I just bought a Sega CD off Ebay, and it won't power on. I know for a fact it takes a model 1 Genesis AC adapter, which is what I am using. I am using a Model 2 Genesis to connect to. I have an AC adapter to connected to both. Is my CD system dead? Because I'm not getting any kind of power LEDs from my CD system.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
There is a fuse on the board that is nutorious for blowing. If you bridge that fuse it will work.

I'll snap a pic of what i'm talking about when I get home.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
any suggestions for a master system that just shut off while playing one day?:crying:

20 Year Member
not sonic said:
any suggestions for a master system that just shut off while playing one day?:crying:

Does it act like it isn't plugged in?

20 Year Member
not sonic said:

The voltage regulator needs to be replaced. I've repaired a few SMS systems with this problem.

Easy fix if you have the part and know how to solder.

Check my selling thread, I have a cheap SMS for sale with a fresh new regulator.

I can do a trade for your broken SMS if you'd like.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
68k said:
The voltage regulator needs to be replaced. I've repaired a few SMS systems with this problem.

Easy fix if you have the part and know how to solder.

Check my selling thread, I have a cheap SMS for sale with a fresh new regulator.

I can do a trade for your broken SMS if you'd like.

yeah i saw your thread which is what got me interested.

im not really looking to buy as i have a power base convertor but i thought youd know how to fix it.

not to kill your sale but would you be willing to share more details on the fix? :glee: