Sega Model 1 & Model 2 "supergun" ?

retro

Crazed MVS Addict
I was wondering if anyone actually succeeded in ever playing a model 1 or model 2 board in a home setup without the cabinet? I would be very interested in having a daytona usa or virtua racing board playable without the cabinet. I've seen a model 2 / model 3 JAMMA adapter available, but i still think there would be problems with the (medium?) res graphics and the controls.

So has anyone actually succeeded to get these boards playable in a home setup, and how would one go about setting it up?

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Model 1/2/3 can be played on a supergun, you just need an appropriate adapter to convert everything to Jamma. As for the video output, you're pretty much limited to an actual medium resolution RGB monitor, unless there is an upscan convertor out there that'll work. To be honest, with the price of the monitor/convertor/power supply (forgot to mention that...you'll need an additional 3.3V supply), its not too much more to just buy a dedicated cab. For drivers however, I've been told its not feasible to hook them up to a supergun...you HAVE to have at least a shifter and gas/brake pedals for controls, and probably some other stuff I'm not thinking of. I considered the possibility myself, but eventually just broke down and bought a dedicated Daytona 2 cab. This route can get pretty expensive though :eek:

NeoGeofunster

Kabuki Klasher
Scott said:
Model 1/2/3 can be played on a supergun, you just need an appropriate adapter to convert everything to Jamma. As for the video output, you're pretty much limited to an actual medium resolution RGB monitor, unless there is an upscan convertor out there that'll work. To be honest, with the price of the monitor/convertor/power supply (forgot to mention that...you'll need an additional 3.3V supply), its not too much more to just buy a dedicated cab. For drivers however, I've been told its not feasible to hook them up to a supergun...you HAVE to have at least a shifter and gas/brake pedals for controls, and probably some other stuff I'm not thinking of. I considered the possibility myself, but eventually just broke down and bought a dedicated Daytona 2 cab. This route can get pretty expensive though :eek:

When I saw him mention Virtua Racing and Daytona USA on a Supergun, I thought that was going to be a tall order on a Supergun with all the controls/accessories that goes with it. I think it's possible isn't it. It's just going to take some work.