Sega seriously wants your opinion. They should've known better...

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Not sure if this was posted here but I suspect that several sites have been doing it also along with a few I haunt...

http://sgiz.mobi/s3/b30628954756

3014620-survey.jpg

I took the Survey but I was pretty mean about some of my replies. I'm glad they're willing to listen but they're trying to suck your dick at maybe going mobile. It's like they're asking me if I want them to cash out of console gaming.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
If they go mobile, they're dead to me.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
WTF is with all these Japanese companies going mobile? I get that from a purely cost stand point it makes sense, but they could also maybe I dunno make better games, I'd be surprised if they've broken even on all those shitty Sonic games from the past deacade or so

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
WTF is with all these Japanese companies going mobile? I get that from a purely cost stand point it makes sense, but they could also maybe I dunno make better games, I'd be surprised if they've broken even on all those shitty Sonic games from the past deacade or so

Because most of Japan's game sales are mobile. They live on their phones over there. They're following the market, not creating it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

Because they are broke, and their innovation and technology have fallen behind. Way behind.
See: every Japanese company.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Because most of Japan's game sales are mobile. They live on their phones over there. They're following the market, not creating it.

Yeah, I know, it just bums me out to see these people who used to create great games moving to a platform I can't stand, it feels like an ugly break up or something

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
just took the survey. and judging by the questions, it does look like sega want's to go mobile. a yakuza or shenmue themed puzzle game any one?.

i really don't give a shit to be honest. for me, sega died with the dreamcast. the best thing to have come out of them since then was the yakuza series, and we have like five of those already. so they could pull the plugs on the console market and go all konami if they want for all i care.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I did the survey, I even dare them to contact me through email, I'd love to complain about how much they've gone completely to sh#%t

One of the most creative, original, game companies ever reduced to mobile games, and farming out Sonic to make a crap WiiU game

RIP Good Sega 1940-2003 I truly did love ya

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
This was definitely a play to justify going mobile. Looking for any justification from people to do it. As someone that is familiar with survey writing, this one stunk from the first question. Poorly written, leading... the damn thing drove me nuts!!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I did that the other day, and just marked shit I like, and nothing mobile.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
*sigh* What an awful survey. Good to know they at least remember some of the names of their great franchises, disheartening to know they do and do nothing with them.
Honestly, even if they go mobile, nothing much will change; I'll go from buying two Sega games every few years (Yakuza and Valkyria Chronicles) to 0. Not really a big difference ultimately.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Im still waiting for golden axe: revenge of death adder & virtua cop 3 port............

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm waiting for Landstalker 3DS remake, and all the shining games from genny, sega cd, and saturn to be remade.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
just took the survey. and judging by the questions, it does look like sega want's to go mobile. a yakuza or shenmue themed puzzle game any one?.

i really don't give a shit to be honest. for me, sega died with the dreamcast. the best thing to have come out of them since then was the yakuza series, and we have like five of those already. so they could pull the plugs on the console market and go all konami if they want for all i care.
Doesn't Yu Suzuki fully own Shenmue now?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Doesn't Yu Suzuki fully own Shenmue now?

not shore mate. the last time i checked, it was still owned by sega. but you might be right considering the whole shenmue 3 and yu sazuki developing the game by the funding gathered from kickstarter .

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
They didn't even mention Shining Force in the survey.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Or Burning Rangers.

In the box to describe Sega with three adjectives, I put down "operated by monkeys".

That was quite satisfying to be honest with Sega, but they'll probably throw my entry in the trash.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
as long as they keep making tons of yakuza games and spinoffs I do not care... what do they produce (not publish) that's worthwhile nowadays anyway?

tumblr_inline_mgfegnZJZV1qa6ecl.jpg

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
Odd. I tried putting in my age, clicked next and got an error screen. Now it's telling me I've already taken this quiz. :spock:

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Did the survey and voiced out my dislike for mobile games. I even put down my contact information as I live in San Francisco, where the Sega HQ is.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Odd. I tried putting in my age, clicked next and got an error screen. Now it's telling me I've already taken this quiz. :spock:

It was their polite way of saying that your too old for their target market ;). Millennials on ipads is what they're after nowadays.