Sega ST-V kick harness

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Where do i connect the kick harness in STV pcb's?? and I have read that only the boards with the "daughterboard" have the connections for the extra buttons, is that correct?

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Yeah, the kick harness is on a daughterboard on the ST-V boards and not all ST-V boards have it.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I can double check when I get home but it's one of these two that are circled.

Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 2.06.39 PM.png

Last edited:

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
I have several STV motherboards but some of them have a daughterboard sitting on those pins, then there are more molex connectors coming of the DB, I have both type of boards but I don't have any STV kick harness to try on.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I can't speak for the daughterboard but my extra buttons work fine w/ a harness going to the pins I circled. I'm almost positive it's the middle set of pins. Currently using my CPS2 kick harness and an adapter Xian Xi built. I originally thought a daughterboard was needed but apparently it isn't.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
What games from the ones you own require the Kick harness? I need a pair for Suiko Enbu and Golden Axe the Duel.

Last edited:

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just Golden Axe: The Duel for me.

According to wiki - Astra Super Stars, Groove on Fight, Fighting Dragon : Legend Elan Doree, Golden Axe and Suiko Enbu require one.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Video on youtube says it's CN21A on the daughterboard, there's a CN21 on the board itself under the daughterboard, likely it's just a direct through. It's the top one of the two circled in robot's pic.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Video on youtube says it's CN21A on the daughterboard, there's a CN21 on the board itself under the daughterboard, likely it's just a direct through. It's the top one of the two circled in robot's pic.

Hey, thanks Skate, a kick harness out of an IDE cable? clever idea, I'll try to make one, never crossed my mind that I was going to need IDE cables ever again, If I had known this before I would have never gotten rid of my old cables.

Just Golden Axe: The Duel for me.

According to wiki - Astra Super Stars, Groove on Fight, Fighting Dragon : Legend Elan Doree, Golden Axe and Suiko Enbu require one.

Elan Doree, totally forgot about that one, and Astra Super Stars is crazy expensive so I can ditch that one too, luckily I already have Groove on Fight, Golden Axe and Suiko Enbu.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
If memory serves, a cps1 kick harness will work. I think they share the same pinout.