Seller wasn't clear, actually he was a total liar. SHAVE YOUR ANGER THREAD.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Just slap a replacement label on there. You will never know the difference.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
This seller is a smart ass. If you want to keep the cart cheaper then tell him to give you a partial refund, maybe half money back.

I'd say do this and sit on the cart while you search for another, then you can still play the game. When you find your mint cart, sell the bad one (honestly.) Everyone wins!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I don't think i could dare play a cart in such terrible condition.

Makes it virtually unplayable!

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Man, if it works without issues and has original SNK boards... you really ought to just keep it. It's a nice treat to get a good looking MVS cart, but there's just no way you can be happy on the MVS side of the hobby if you're going to be picky about cosmetics.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Man, if it works without issues and has original SNK boards... you really ought to just keep it. It's a nice treat to get a good looking MVS cart, but there's just no way you can be happy on the MVS side of the hobby if you're going to be picky about cosmetics.

Impressive for a new guy. You may last a while around here.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Isn't it a fake label, anyways?

label looks fine.

my theory is that was the cart in the pic and when you asked him to inspect the boards thats when the tearing happened. its right on the crease where the 2 shells come together.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Impressive for a new guy. You may last a while around here.

I've unfortunately learned this the hard way, by going for carts I thought were nicer colors on eBay as opposed to ones that were clearly in better condition or sold by more reputable sellers. I can't really control the condition of arcade software from 15 years ago, but I can put it in a nice shock-box with cool art on the front. I think that's enough for me.

label looks fine.

my theory is that was the cart in the pic and when you asked him to inspect the boards thats when the tearing happened. its right on the crease where the 2 shells come together.

I'm willing to bet that's what happened as well.

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I'm willing to bet that's what happened as well.

Yup. It's the same cart.

5eXcvbP.png

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I would want billy and geddon to take a look at it first before jumping to any conclusions.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
File an Ebay case.

EDIT: Looks like the label got ripped from checking the boards. Yea, I probably wouldn't bother, but only because I would feel partially responsible.
Today I received a Sengoku 3 MVS cart.

The seller inspected the boards and told me the label was still perfect.

Truth is the label is all ripped and fucked up...

I would gladly kick the cart back to his ass.

:oh_no:

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Looks like he didn't even take the screws out and just Hulked the cart, what a moron.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I actually don't think it was the seller at all. I had the same thing happen to me a while back when I bought a couple of carts from a forum member. I was sent pics before I bought them and the labels were absolutely mint. When I received them, I found this....

This does not look like it was ripped because of opening the case. The rips both stop before the end of the labels. It's as if someone stuck their finger nail through the label and ripped it on purpose. It was also very evident that the packaging had been opened at some point during the delivery. Fucking customs!

How was the packaging when you received it?

It unfortunate either way but it may not have been the seller that did it. Just sayin'.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 113
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Looks like it got ripped after you asked him to inspect the boards and he didn't know how to open the cart without damaging the label.

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
the problem isn't the label being ripped, in the end, i can live with it. the problem is that he didn't tell me when it happened. instead he lied to me and stated the label was still fine. this is not something to joke about, I call this a scam =( it was totally his fault, not mine

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the problem isn't the label being ripped, in the end, i can live with it. the problem is that he didn't tell me when it happened. instead he lied to me and stated the label was still fine. this is not something to joke about, I call this a scam =( it was totally his fault, not mine

Dude, it's a fucking MVS cart. It could have pubes on it, and still play. Who cares. Fucking next time buy a cd with the roms.

city41

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Dude, it's a fucking MVS cart. It could have pubes on it, and still play. Who cares. Fucking next time buy a cd with the roms.

hell, this is how my MS5 arrived

FE0JVOYl.jpg

I don't really care, still plays fine.