Sepergun HDMI output?

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict
I am buiding my second supergun. My first just had a plain scart output and I will be doing the same with this one but I want to add another output type for when I go to uni as the TV I will be taking with me does not have an rgb scart socket.
Would incorporating something like This work well? Does anyone has experience with these type of adaptors? Are they any good?
If not does anyone have any suggestions? I was looking at getting a jrok encoder but they cost a bomb and as they all seem to be shipping from the US that costs a load as well...
I saw one of JoJo's superguns had HDMI out? anyone know what he used?

Cheers for any advice :D

ALL converters from RGB to Digital are going to introduce some lag, except for the XRGB-2 which is the most sought after (and also ridiculously expensive). If you are a casual player, or not playing fighting games or frenetic shmups, this trade off might be fine with you, or you might not feel it.

If I lived in the UK like you do and RGB monitors (SCART) was as common as they are here, I wouldn't bother with HDMI...it won't look true as a converted image, and quite possibly it might introduce 10+frames of lag, so your display is behind what is actually going on in the game...

So, doing it right very very expensive. I haven't heard anything about that particular converter, but you get what you pay for in video, and that seems waaaay cheap... good luck. :)

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
XRGB2 doesn't convert anything. It just doubles the lines. Analog 15khz RGB in, analog 31khz RGB (VGA) out. This is the reason why it works so damn well. :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
XRGB2 doesn't convert anything. It just doubles the lines. Analog 15khz RGB in, analog 31khz RGB (VGA) out. This is the reason why it works so damn well. :)

XRGB2 works great. The XRGB3 on the other hand is kinda picky, I think they overdeveloped it.

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict
ALL converters from RGB to Digital are going to introduce some lag, except for the XRGB-2 which is the most sought after (and also ridiculously expensive). If you are a casual player, or not playing fighting games or frenetic shmups, this trade off might be fine with you, or you might not feel it.

If I lived in the UK like you do and RGB monitors (SCART) was as common as they are here, I wouldn't bother with HDMI...it won't look true as a converted image, and quite possibly it might introduce 10+frames of lag, so your display is behind what is actually going on in the game...

So, doing it right very very expensive. I haven't heard anything about that particular converter, but you get what you pay for in video, and that seems waaaay cheap... good luck. :)

I have thougt about getting an XRGB-2 for a while but they are always waaaay expencive considering Scart works fine while I'm at home and have various CRT's to use. Its just for when I go to uni really... It would also be neat to have an HDMI supergun as I hve 2 daisy chained scart switches already :S

Does anyone know how much lag is actually introduced?

I thought doing i correctly would cost alot, it always does. Yes it does seem waaay cheap thats why I'm asking first :D Might ask on an AV forum somewhere... there are more expencive ones around but again I have never tried one of these so I don't know if they are any good.

Might just have to buy one and see if they are any good :S
Or anyone know of a UK/Europe based reseller of the Jrok (so I can at least not pay as much for shipping)?