SFIII:3S, Super Turbo Tribute Poster from SplitFrame

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Figured I'd let you guys know about this. Splitframe is selling a limited, licensed version of the classic SFIIX poster right now.

STPoster.jpg

But they ALSO commissioned a brand new poster in tribute to it, but featuring the cast of Third Strike, done by Motoki Yoshihara. It's also a limited printing.

Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 6.45.57 PM.png

Pretty freakin sick. They also have t-shirts. Anyway, if that's as up your alley as it is mine, dig in!

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I wish this was an Alpha 2 poster.

+1000.

edit: still pretty nice tho.

That would be pretty awesome too!

I definitely don't think the art by Motoki for the 3S poster is as good as the ST stuff (those ST portraits are freakin untouchable, I think they were all Bengus), but I love the concept, and the execution is pretty great overall. I wouldn't mind seeing one for Alpha, or even the upcoming V done by another artist, but I wouldn't want them to keep doing them for every game or anything, that would get pretty old pretty fast.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Posters are super sexy. If I had a place to hang them, I'd be on it in a heartbeat. Still might if they're around in a few weeks when I have money to spare.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Getting a shirt and a poster. Thanks for the share!

No problem! My order just arrived. I went ahead and got posters and t-shirts of both. The 3S poster looks fantastic, I'm gonna take down some stuff soon and hang it up. The SSFIIX shirt is also sick. The only problem I have is that the 3S shirt is a bit odd, the red is a lot more orange than the red on the poster, and the placement of the print is a little too low on the shirt, so there is a lot of black space above it. The print on is centered vertically, instead of starting a little below the collar, which I feel would look better, but I'm gonna give it a wash and let it shrink a bit and see how it looks then.

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
The ST one also has the wack ass 3DO logo instead of the original.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Checked just out of curiousity. $13 is the cheapest price to ship a poster. Kinda kills it.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Are they available? It says preorder on the posters.