shock troopers BOOT?

RVF400

Host for Orochi
hi guys, i got a MVS cart of shock troopers and im wondering if its a boot, the pcb's are completly different to any of my other MVS carts, all the chips have erased serial numbers and theres resitors in a few places on the boards, also theres 2 eproms located on the bottom board on the far left it looks really odd.
thing is it plays fine with no problems at all, i will post pics once my flat mate wakes up (hes got the camera) are these signs of a boot?

MVS Matt

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Sounds like it could be a boot, but it will be impossible to say for sure until we see some pics. What does the soldering look like? Does it look like it was done by hand or by machine?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Upload some pics, and we can identify it for you.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
From what you say, I think there's 99% chance it is a bootleg, but post pics to make sure.

RVF400

Host for Orochi
will soon, underneath the soldering looks fine but theres some places (underneath resistors) theres blots or solder like its been done by hand, i have over 15 carts and it does not match ANY of them at all!.

RVF400

Host for Orochi
ok my flat mate woke up so heres the pic!:

untitled.JPG

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Real sorry man, that's a boot. That's a common layout for a boot (the two resistors near the bottom of each board gave it away).

RVF400

Host for Orochi
MOTHER FUCKING GOD DAMNING BOLLOCKS FUCK........ DAMN!.
what am i gonna do with it?, i can't sell it on!, fucking boots, its odd though why are the chips not eproms?, they are almost soldered perfectly!, its nothing like my bomberman boot, its music screws up all the time, this one is perfect.

well thanks for looking!

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
Yep, it looks almost like that metal slug that I had, Where did you buy it from?

RVF400

Host for Orochi
bought from a buddy on these boards, now he was unaware it was a boot, hes said the person who sold it to him said it was legit, now this guy is also on these boards, i have asked him whats the story and im yet to find out!

Asure

Captain Dick,
Funny how they sanded off the chip id's
Top board looks legit but bottom board is boot-only..

For those that want to know how to find out if thier cart is
a boot or not, check out the bootleg gallery :

Jamma.nl Bootleg Gallery

- Alex

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
they're "normal" chips cause they're like OTP (one time programmable) eproms.. those have no window and can't be erased again, so they used to be cheaper. they're rarely used, tho, so normal eproms dropped in price while they did not.

jp2k4

n00b
Yeah, if it works fine, I would just keep playing it until it died. Then it would be a paper weight. Hope you didnt pay/trade too much for it.:annoyed: Sucks that people are offering boots here, I know you said the person you got it from didnt know it was a boot so im not accusing them or anything. It just sucks for everyone.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
That's a shame it's a boot....

I'd just play it...then if it ever stops working use it for spare parts.

I've never seen a Shock Troopers boot..this is a first..(for me)

Last edited: