Should I buy ATOMISWAVE SYS now?

kulanartkung

Rugal's Thug
Hello everybody,
I would like to ask everyone who has much knowledge and experience about ATOMISWAVE SYSTEM. I am AES collector and like to play AES much especially "Metal Slug Series" and I hear that AES will stop manufacture and go to Atomiswave system instead. So I think a lot about this thing and have guestion that I am not sure. Please everyone help me about my question too.
1.Should I buy Atomiswave system now? Or waiting for neo-store sell it?
2.If I will but it, how many of all accessories that I should buy for play it? because I play only Aes and don't know about PCB or any broad? I look at coinexpress website and see the mother broad sell at 395$,each game sell about 300-400$( cart only? or including mother broad?)
thank you much. I don't know to ask anywhere.
kulanart

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Personally, I think I'm gonna wait. If the AW gets actually does some justice to the Neo franchises then I might start gathering up some fundage.

kulanartkung

Rugal's Thug
galfordo said:
Personally, I think I'm gonna wait. If the AW gets actually does some justice to the Neo franchises then I might start gathering up some fundage.
;) thanks...

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
2.If I will but it, how many of all accessories that I should buy for play it? because I play only Aes and don't know about PCB or any broad? I look at coinexpress website and see the mother broad sell at 395$,each game sell about 300-400$( cart only? or including mother broad?)

Hi K,

I sent an email to coinexpress and they said the prices for the games included the atomiswave board itself. So if you were to buy Dolphin Blue for $450, you would receive the Dolphin Blue cart + the atomiswave system. I think you'd need a supergun to play it on a tv like the neo aes. Amano Jacu posted a good thread in General discussion regarding the atomiswave here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83242

Droid

kulanartkung

Rugal's Thug
droid said:
Hi K,

I sent an email to coinexpress and they said the prices for the games included the atomiswave board itself. So if you were to buy Dolphin Blue for $450, you would receive the Dolphin Blue cart + the atomiswave system. I think you'd need a supergun to play it on a tv like the neo aes. Amano Jacu posted a good thread in General discussion regarding the atomiswave here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83242

Droid
Oh....Thank you a lot, Droid.
I will find about information of supergun continues because I have never use it :D

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
I think now may be a good time to get it because I'm sure that once more games start coming out it will go up in price.

Logicdustbin

Sieger's Squire
The AW is not a system like the AES, you will have to consolize it for you to play on your TV.

chech out the Tech forum.....

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
I'd wait on the AW purchase man. I mean right now all we've really seen is Dolphin Blue, Demolish Fist (Which does look TIGHT indeed) and I believe two other games plus the pics of the upcoming KOF Neo Wave. *It's still too early to really know if it's going to be worth the investment. ---I remember having this issue when wanting to purchase the CRYSTAL SYSTEM to play that hack n' slash Heroic Fantasy game, but then I learned that only that game and some soccer/footbol game were made for it and that was it! Let time be the deciding factor, unless you're TRON "the richest man in the world" then Fuuuuuuuuuuck it, toss little paper, burn it up... slackin' on yur pimpin' turn it up cause the money ain't a thang!

MERCENARY X99

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Just drop it!

You may be better off waiting for ports at this point. Just have to wait and see how SNK does on AW.

But if you're too hard up for a new AtmisWave....
You could always drop your Dreamcast and see what happens. We've heard dropping a system can really improve it's performance......HA! :glee: :tickled:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Re: Just drop it!

KagerouSama said:
You may be better off waiting for ports at this point. Just have to wait and see how SNK does on AW.

But if you're too hard up for a new AtmisWave....
You could always drop your Dreamcast and see what happens. We've heard dropping a system can really improve it's performance......HA! :glee: :tickled:

LOLS ... yeah I remember that thread. Some dude said that the picture was sharper and the resolution was better after he dropped his AES on the floor. Classic :D.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,

yes this sounds like the best advice...that is unless you really really like the latest offerings from SNKP: SvCC, SS5, MS5, KoF2k3 and the upcoming SS5s.

Dunno if any of the above are must-have games but here's to hoping SS5s fits that description.

So I guess it comes down to whether or not you think SNKP's (not the old SNK) games are worth the money ;) Are they?

Droid

UNREAL

n00b
You would be better off getting a Super Nova system that way you could play whatever Atomiswave Capcom Konami etc etc

kulanartkung

Rugal's Thug
UNREAL said:
You would be better off getting a Super Nova system that way you could play whatever Atomiswave Capcom Konami etc etc
:) thank you, I will revise and find the information of these system. I will wait for seeing the situation of changing before and find many information of system that they will come in the future more.
:D

dbarrett0928

Banned
IMO

I am probably going to wait and see how snk does but i wont wait too long because the price may get out of hand...