Should I sell? Neo CD games...

sWIRLEE

New Challenger
I work in the video game industry and aside from the obvious perks, I get some unexpected toys. I mentioned to one of the guys at my new studio that I'm into retro games, especially Neo stuff... The next day be brought me a large CD case with several Neo CD games and a TON of Saturn games, all loose, but with booklets. He said he moved desks and found them in his drawer, no one claimed them and he's been holding onto them for a year. Mine now!

Things is, I don't own a Neo CD console, just AES/MVS. I've always wanted the excuse to get a CDZ or something, but I'm also considering selling these instead, since I own most of them in cartridge form.

Really curious as to how much these would be worth. Again, it's CDs a booklets only, so the price guide doesn't give me much help. If they've lost a lot of their value because they don't have their cd cases, I guess I'll just hold onto them, until I feel like getting a Neo CD...

whaddayathink?

neogeoCD.jpg

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
Somebody was trying to do you a favor, thinking you'd be stoked to have some great titles, and now you're asking if you should sell the games.

You sound cool, let's hang out.

sWIRLEE

New Challenger
Nah, I'm not cool enough to hangout with you... your profile pic says it all, hey I'm from Portland, the epicenter of cool, go vegan and ride a bike... off a cliff

And in case other people care as much as him, the dude even said "or sell them or whatever" after giving them to me.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
We don't have to hang but hey why not? I'll give you 30 bucks for both mslugs and pulstar shipped on a cheap envelope.

hitorkori

Cheng's Errand Boy
u get at least $150 dollars for that lot the 3 most valuble are metal slugs 1 &2 also pulstar ok

Heath

, cheyne stoking
There copies/backups, thats why they were left in the drawer. i'll give you $10 for them.

sWIRLEE

New Challenger
Drama indeed.

I was estimating around $150 myself. Just wasn't sure since they aren't fully complete. Didn't know how that works for cd versions.

city41

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Drama indeed.

I was estimating around $150 myself. Just wasn't sure since they aren't fully complete. Didn't know how that works for cd versions.

In my recent experience there's basically no demand for Neo CD games anymore, except Ironclad and maybe Ninja Master's. Even the Metal Slugs for the most part seem to sit around unsold. I've managed to pick up 15 CD games recently (all complete) for about an average of $7 each. I also got a CDZ system for a song. Seems most people don't care about this system anymore. I honestly think these will be tough to sell, as those who still care (like me :) ) are going to want them to be complete.

JoshuaMiller

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
You should buy a CDZ. Then you can play all the games you already have on MVS, but you get to wait fucking forever for them to load.

sWIRLEE

New Challenger
You should buy a CDZ. Then you can play all the games you already have on MVS, but you get to wait fucking forever for them to load.

Haha... yeah sounds fun. I see you're in San Fran? I just moved out here for work, there seems to be nothing for us retro gamers.. no cool stores or pawn shops crammed with anything video game related. Know of anything?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'd like to have all of those games actually, but I'm not certain how much they'd really be worth without the cases. They are some damn good games, though.

JoshuaMiller

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Haha... yeah sounds fun. I see you're in San Fran? I just moved out here for work, there seems to be nothing for us retro gamers.. no cool stores or pawn shops crammed with anything video game related. Know of anything?

You have to go out to Alameda, but there's a used game shop on Park street that has everything atari-current. They know what stuff's worth, so you won't get any great deals, but if you're looking for something, they have a good stock of stuff.

sWIRLEE

New Challenger
You have to go out to Alameda, but there's a used game shop on Park street that has everything atari-current. They know what stuff's worth, so you won't get any great deals, but if you're looking for something, they have a good stock of stuff.

cool thanks... happen to know the name of the store?