Show me your white MVS carts!

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Rental Carts have nothing to do with the Hotel Unit....

hmm... where do you get that info from...?

Don't you find it odd that the Deck (Hotel) system has the term 'GIT' associated with it. That would give somekind of meaning to the SNKG cart detailing.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
hmm... where do you get that info from...?

Don't you find it odd that the Deck (Hotel) system has the term 'GIT' associated with it. That would give somekind of meaning to the SNKG cart detailing.

Yeah I never thought about that, I always wondered that the "G" stood for. I guess thats a good of a guess as anything.

Yeah... hope you don't mind.
Of course not man.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I would like to know what the term 'GIT' actually stood for in respect to the Neo Deck.
Might shed some more light on that question...

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Rental carts were for arcades to try before they buy.

I think someone has confused the hotel system (nothing to do with rental at all) with the fact that the AES systems were originally rental systems. I presume due to the high value of an AES home unit, you could rent a console to try it out.

Of course a hotel unit could choose to use ex-rental SNKG carts, but I can't believe they would bother to rent the expensive SNKG carts since they are not an arcade, where the cost would be covered by loads of people using the machine for hours each day. It was in a hotel room, probably barely being used.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I agree, but it is still possible that the 'Hotel' unit as everyone keeps referring to is not actually for hotels.
Has it ever been proven that this is what they are for....?

There is alot of evidence pointing to them being used by Rental Operators /shops to display games...

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?62952-neo-geo-hotel-unit&p=735529&viewfull=1#post735529

http://castleofcollectibles.com/museum/regalia.html

There is also some missing info around the life of the 'Hotel' unit and whether the games that were made with SNK-G carts also fit those dates. (94-98)

I just wish we could find out more about these SNK-G carts and the 'Hotel' unit.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
I don't think anybody is claiming that SNKG carts where exclusively made for the "hotel mvs". There is some evidence, however, that suggest there might have been a connection ; the bit about the “GIT” menu on the "hotel unit , as well as the possible "Gashi" meaning in the SNKG.

It seems that nobody really knows. I wish SNK would release some info on these rental carts and the hotel unit. It seems all we can do is speculate.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
whyts.jpg

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Nightmare in the Dark & Puzzle Bobble 2 are not SNKG carts as I believe there is no SNKG logo on the side. I am sure whether Super Dodge Ball exists for SNKG.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Nightmare in the Dark & Puzzle Bobble 2 are not SNKG carts as I believe there is no SNKG logo on the side. I am sure whether Super Dodge Ball exists for SNKG.

correct.. that's why i have em off to the side.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Good looking Puzzle Bobble 2 cart you got there kb! :)

I see you've got a few more rental carts since we last spoke. Is that Data East game Windjammers?

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
I am sure whether Super Dodge Ball exists for SNKG.

@Kit : So you're not sure if Super Dodge ball was ever released as a rental?

@Adderall : Looks like that Super Dodge ball has a replacement label ? If so, maybe somebody swapped out the cart shell for your boards? Hopefully it's a legit (and rare) rental release.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Aero Fighters 3/Sonic Wings 3 rental cart from Sasha. Arrived next day - cheers mate!

It has no label but is legit as promised. Must have had a Jap label at some stage!

DSCN0077-2.jpg

DSCN0078-2.jpg

DSCN0079-1.jpg

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
I would like to add my contribution to this thread :)
Photo0290.jpg

_DPP_20013-3.jpg

Power Spikes, Panic Bomber and Quest of Jongmaster.

The boards of white shell carts are identical to the black shells. I had many of them passing through my hands (kabuki, sam spirits, gururin, kof, puzzle bobble, flying power, fatal fury 3, sonic wings, puzzle de pon and so on) and to be honest they are not that much difficult to find in Japan.
I got most of mine from normal arcade operators, and for what I know there shouldn't be any connection with the hotel unit.

:)

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
So the newcomers to the Rental cart confirmation list...

Power Spikes II
Quest of Jong Master
Super Dodgeball
Super Sidekicks 4

Anyone got any thoughts on these...?

My only concern is when you get carts like the Puzzle de Pon, that don't have the correct label on it.

This is the Japanese label...
puzzledp.jpg

And this is the new cart picture provided... so how valid are other carts?
whyts.jpg

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
So the newcomers to the Rental cart confirmation list...

Power Spikes II
Quest of Jong Master
Super Dodgeball
Super Sidekicks 4

Anyone got any thoughts on these...?

My only concern is when you get carts like the Puzzle de Pon, that don't have the correct label on it.

This is the Japanese label...
puzzledp.jpg

And this is the new cart picture provided... so how valid are other carts?
whyts.jpg

that puzzle bobble is actually a boot.
PDP and SDB are legit boards... but maybe not a legit rental. who knows if ppl swapped out the boards into the white case. I don't know why anyone would do that.

I was just showing my white carts - not trying to say any should be added to the list.. if you guys want to see any boards underneath just let me know! Someday I'll get a good collection.. I know my current one is pretty weak. Just gotta keep watching for them :eye: :eye:

Last edited:

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
What is that sub board you have connected and where can I get one?

That looks like a Vogatek Supergun, not sure what model though.

PDP and SDB are legit boards... but maybe not a legit rental. who knows if ppl swapped out the boards into the white case. I don't know why anyone would do that

Not saing that someone has swapped boards... someone has swapped the label. That PDP label is from a US cart.

I was just showing my white carts - not trying to say any should be added to the list.. if you guys want to see any boards underneath just let me know! Someday I'll get a good collection.. I know my current one is pretty weak. Just gotta keep watching for them :eye: :eye:

Your collection ain't weak, mate. I only have a few SNKG carts.

You not adding SW3??

You are right, I missed that. Probably cos there wasn't a label.:lolz:

So, we have...

Power Spikes II
Quest of Jong Master
Sonic Wings 3
Super Dodgeball
Super Sidekicks 4