Show them if you got them "Woody cabs"

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
electricgrave said:
Noob! Sanwa don't belong in this type of cabs, specially ball tops!:annoyed:

Notice how all noobs are allways gung-ho about sanwa, now that's not saying that sanwa isn't great, but this is just not the right application for it.:emb:
Why the fuck does a certain brand of joystick not belong in a certain type of cab? The only joystick that doesn't belong is those ridiculous looking bat tops you americans seem to be obsessed with.

I don't appreaciate being called a "noob" either. With all due respect (which isn't much), I've probably been in the arcade game longer than you've been alive.

Last edited:

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Hewitson said:
Why the fuck does a certain brand of joystick not belong in a certain type of cab? The only joystick that doesn't belong is those ridiculous looking bat tops you americans seem to be obsessed with.

I don't appreaciate being called a "noob" either. With all due respect (which isn't much), I've probably been in the arcade game longer than you've been alive.
If you have a pic of a Neo Woody with ball top sticks, I would love to see it. EG was pointing out the fact that that type of cab doesn't use ball tops. Why? The same reason you don't run Ms Pacman on an lcd. . . It's just not right.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Hewitson said:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178419

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178073

Just because they don't use ball tops in your country doesn't mean they don't everywhere else. As far as I know North America is the only place bat tops are common :)
Preserving a cab to its original state is what is all about. Pacificabs are beautifull you are one lucky dude. Now as far as the age factor goes I really hope so 'cause I'm beggining to feel the pain of getting old.

Ball tops on Pacific cabs are nice, 'cause it seems to go with the flow, but on a US cab is just plain sacriledge, like it or not is the damn truth.:emb:

Like Beaglepuss said is just not right.

wana10

n00b
electricgrave said:
Preserving a cab to its original state is what is all about. Pacificabs are beautifull you are one lucky dude. Now as far as the age factor goes I really hope so 'cause I'm beggining to feel the pain of getting old.

Ball tops on Pacific cabs are nice, 'cause it seems to go with the flow, but on a US cab is just plain sacriledge, like it or not is the damn truth.:emb:

i mentioned this in another thread a few weeks ago...but i'm putting sanwa's in my woody as part of the restore process, i just like how they feel. BUT i had to have the bat top, after all, getting the cab was just me feeding into my nostalgia. so i got these. all the sanwa playing goodness, all the bat-top nostalgia goodness, all in one tasty package. (bonus! the mounting holes line up perfectly with happs)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
wana10 said:
i mentioned this in another thread a few weeks ago...but i'm putting sanwa's in my woody as part of the restore process, i just like how they feel. BUT i had to have the bat top, after all, getting the cab was just me feeding into my nostalgia. so i got these. all the sanwa playing goodness, all the bat-top nostalgia goodness, all in one tasty package. (bonus! the mounting holes line up perfectly with happs)
Yeah, I have a friend that did the same, and those actually feel real nice, specially when you use the oval gates on them.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
electricgrave said:

Yeah fair enough.. I'd rather have the cab fitted with my preferred controls, original or not. It all comes down to personal preference I guess :)

OldSchoolGamer

Living teh 'Murican dream
I prefer the woody cab to be in original state. So I would personally stick to Happ sticks and buttons :). To me..part of the experience with owning a woody is the feel. And nothing beats the original classic feel. That is why I wont change the color of my buttons on my goldie either. I will keep them multicolored as they are now :)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
OldSchoolGamer said:
I prefer the woody cab to be in original state. So I would personally stick to Happ sticks and buttons :). To me..part of the experience with owning a woody is the feel. And nothing beats the original classic feel. That is why I wont change the color of my buttons on my goldie either. I will keep them multicolored as they are now :)
I guess you're not gonna be part of the Neo Gold Black Label Society then?:emb:

OldSchoolGamer

Living teh 'Murican dream
electricgrave said:
I guess you're not gonna be part of the Neo Gold Black Label Society then?:emb:

It appears that its not meant to be grave....not at this time anyway.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
FairlanePhantom said:
Nice to keep things original, but the goldie looks so much nicer with all black buttons.
Defenately, I mean as much as I like to keep things original the black look adds so much more flare to the cab, that I just can't see it anyother way anymore.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
wana10 said:

That was the stick I was actually going to recommend if someone wanted to keep the bat top look while changing the feel of the control. They have a fluid feel, and they don't give so much play that it feels like the components are broken.
I like enough feedback from the control to always know where it is, and never finding I'm over shooting quarter and half circles.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
sorry to bump a old thread but I've wanted to contribute to this one for ages but the right cab never came along.

But Today! oh happy day!
DSCF2437.jpg

FATAL FURY FUCKING SPECIAL!!
DSCF2434.jpg

:) :) :)
DSCF2432.jpg

too excited to rotate images!!

gonna replace sticks and perhaps buttons soon but on the whole I am in love already.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
nice cab! Always wanted a big red.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Very nice! Looks like you got a cab with a pretty sharp monitor too. Congrats man, enjoy it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Congrats bro. I loved my big red when I had it. Yours is in great condition too.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
sorry to bump a old thread but I've wanted to contribute to this one for ages but the right cab never came along.

But Today! oh happy day!

too excited to rotate images!!

gonna replace sticks and perhaps buttons soon but on the whole I am in love already.

Seriously, that is the stuff dreams are made of, fucking nice get man!