Silly question.. What are thoseeeeee???? jk What is this red thing between my PCB?

Tengugurl

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hi there,

So I am working on a CMVS 4 slot right now and I am trying to sandwich something between the heat shield and the top cart PCB that is non conductive similar to the image below:

For the life of me, I am not sure what material this stuff is in the image below.

I want to use the same stuff to cover my CGA to VGA converter bottom so it does not short out anything on the top cart PCB.

Looking forward to anyone's insight here as this is such an obscure question there is minimal documentation on the web.

Attachments

• What is this.jpg
    What is this.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 92

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
It's just a conductive adhesive, usually to avoid contact with battery components, someone will probably correct me. You should be able to pick up similar stuff at a hobby store.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Conductive adhesive? I thought the point of them was to insulate the otherwise exposed battery contacts from touching things that are conductive, like another PCB.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Yeah, I think the NON- part was left out there.

Regardless, it's there for a reason. It's kinda like non-conductive double sided foam tape.