Skydive at 14,000 feet

8man

Administrator
1st Skydive this morning!!

Jumped out of a plane at 14,000 feet.

Free falling at 130+ mph!!

Air was cold, hard to breathe, and YES your ears will really POP!!!

Hardest part is jumping out of the plane.
The rest is cake.

Anyone else skydive before?

I'm not an adrenaline freak, but love sports!

ps: If you've been to Port Adventura (Universal Studios) in Spain (hour train ride from Barcelona), the ride Furius Baco has the same rush feeling. But this insane coaster only goes ~90 mph, and obviously instead of falling you are strapped to the wing of a horizontal rocket! One of the fastest coasters I've been on.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
1st Skydive this morning!!

Jumped out of a plane at 14,000 feet.

Free falling at 130+ mph!!

Air was cold, hard to breathe, and YES your ears will really POP!!!

The rest is cake.

Anyone else skydive before?

I'm not an adrenaline freak, but love sports!

ps: If you've been to Port Adventura (Universal Studios) in Spain (hour train ride from Barcelona), the ride Furius Baco has the same rush feeling. But this insane coaster only goes ~90 mph, and obviously instead of falling you are strapped to the wing of a horizontal rocket! One of the fastest coasters I've been on.

Abasuto and that guy that stabbed a kid have been skydiving.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
The rest is cake.

:lolz: Yeah, I imagine you’re pretty committed at that point.
Sounds like fun, man. I wish I’d done it when I had the chance way back when.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Awesome experience eh ? After my first time I was hooked and was back the next week to start becoming AFF certified.

I'm guessing you were tandem, but it's fully worth becoming certified to jump alone.

At that point it's just renting the chute and paying for the flight up to do it. That's dirt cheap compared to what it normally cost.

14k is also a great height, I normally go at 13k here. Anything under 10k and you're being cheated out of the free fall.

8man

Administrator
Awesome experience eh ? After my first time I was hooked and was back the next week to start becoming AFF certified.
I'm guessing you were tandem, but it's fully worth becoming certified to jump alone.
At that point it's just renting the chute and paying for the flight up to do it. That's dirt cheap compared to what it normally cost.
14k is also a great height, I normally go at 13k here. Anything under 10k and you're being cheated out of the free fall.

Incredible experience!!
When I saw the training video, the guy said "you can die", and "you can't sue us because you've signed your rights away".

Yeah, 14k was really high!!
I had to drive 1.5 hours away to a remote airport that has no air traffic.
(everybody else offered 10-12k)

The free fall was insane... the skin on my face was pulling back
and my ears were continuously popping trying to adjust to the pressure (falling at 130+ mph). It was more like a continuous hi-pitched piercing sound.

Expensive sport, 1 jump is $180.
Certification at $2,250 (includes 25 jumps).

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Incredible experience!!
When I saw the training video, the guy said "you can die", and "you can't sue us because you've signed your rights away".

Yeah, 14k was really high!!
I had to drive 1.5 hours away to a remote airport that has no air traffic.
(everybody else offered 10-12k)

The free fall was insane... the skin on my face was pulling back
and my ears were continuously popping trying to adjust to the pressure (falling at 130+ mph). It was more like a continuous hi-pitched piercing sound.

Expensive sport, 1 jump is $180.
Certification at $2,250 (includes 25 jumps).

I'll never do that. I had trouble bungee jumping 1000ft.

Imagine I'd have a heart attack on the way down.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Incredible experience!!
I think if your chute failed to open and you hit the grond with a splattering thud, the last thing on your mind would be suing them :tickled:

8man

Administrator
Pics or gtfo.

I only have 1 picture when I was leaving the hangar.
So there's no cool jumping out of the plane, or flying in the sky photos.

You can't bring phones, cameras, or personal stuff on the plane.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If someone does have a heart attack on the way down, I'd imagine it's hard to do an autopsy, since he'd probably not bother to pull the cord. XD