SNK characters going 3D

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
As you know, the King of Fighters Maximum Impact is just right around the corner to being released. This game is alot like Fatal Fury Wild Ambition but it's a new game thats going to be released for the PS2.

My question is, did any of you like SNK's new 3D polygonal character designs used here compared to the old 2D spirits were used to? What do you think of this new KOF MI that's going to come out? SNK isn't known for 3D fighters, so was it worth making a new 3D game?

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
I don't like 3d fighters all that much. I could care less whether or not the new versions of the classic fighters are faithfully modeled after their older counterparts, if they're in 3d I'm not interested.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Yuri-chan said:
My question is, did any of you like SNK's new 3D polygonal character designs used here compared to the old 2D spirits were used to?

Spirits?
They die?

Last edited:

JFlex

Marked Wolf
KOF in a 3D environment has been an idea thats been kicked around for years. I'm afraid SNK has missed its opportunity to really be successful with this game. I predict the following....3D fans will compare it to Soul Caliber 2, 2D gamers will complain that it's too slow or not the same. The measure of success will be determined by the consumer who is not familiar with the KOF series. Let's be honest, a majority of the people in this forum will buy the game because we love the series...regardless of how good it is or isn't.