SNK games that are set in Southtown

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
Other than the Art of Fighting series and the Fatal Fury series, are there any other SNK games that are set in Southtown? I heard somewhere that "The Super Spy", a 1990 Neo-Geo game was set in Southtown too since Geese Howard was in it.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
wow another texan joins the NG forums. but dude i think you forgot about MOTW which has several levels in southtown, some of the KOF's do too. and i'm pretty sure street hoop, is as well as gan-gan, but who's counting them anyways? though gan-gan is awesome.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
wow another texan joins the NG forums. but dude i think you forgot about MOTW which has several levels in southtown, some of the KOF's do too. and i'm pretty sure street hoop, is as well as gan-gan, but who's counting them anyways? though gan-gan is awesome.

MOTW is part of the Fatal Fury series. I cant think of any though.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
MOTW is part of the Fatal Fury series. I cant think of any though.
yeah but it's better so :angry:

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
Yeah it is better by far dude. Is all the KOFs set in southtown?

KOF has levels from all around the world but I know at least one in Southtown, Pao Pao Cafe in '95. I'm sure there are others too.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
The Chief said:
KOF has levels from all around the world but I know at least one in Southtown, Pao Pao Cafe in '95. I'm sure there are others too.
Pao Pao Cafe?
You sure that isn't L'amour?

KOF2000 ends in Southtown being destroyed.

KOF '95 Iori's stage is thought to be Port Town by a few people, though nothing official.

And MOTW is set in Second Southtown. Which SouthtownKid posted from a mook as being built next to the original Southtown, and not a rebuilding of the original as people assumed from KOF 2k's ending and MOTWs opening.

Not all Fatal Furies take place in Southtown exclusively either.
Fatal Fury 2/Special is a world match. Though Geese Tower may be in Southtown in Special.
Fatal Fury Wild Ambition is also a world match. Though Terry/Duck/Geese/Li Xiang Fei/Tsugumi Sendo/Billy may be assumed to be in Southtown. (Okay, so most of the stages could be Southtown :emb: )

There's been no official game to take place in Southtown until the Maximum Impact series. Even then, not all stages appear in Southtown.

Still, it's been a long time since we've seen Southtown foremost in a SNK game.....

Meh, but I've dragged on too long again. I'm such a nerd.....

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
i heard Legend Of Success Joe is in Southtown.

Southtown = Los Angeles(where the creator of Fatal Fury has a vacation home)

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Yuri-chan said:
I heard somewhere that "The Super Spy", a 1990 Neo-Geo game was set in Southtown too since Geese Howard was in it.
Is Geese in Super Spy? That was news to me?
How about League Bowling, could be Southtown? Aah..Southtown, where the beer flows like wine!

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
Temjin said:
Is Geese in Super Spy? That was news to me?
How about League Bowling, could be Southtown? Aah..Southtown, where the beer flows like wine!

I'm sure it wasn't Geese Howard. I just read that in another forum, and I had to find out if it was true or not. Thanks to everyone who has participated in this thread. I guess Southtown doesn't really go outside of the realm of FF, AoF, and KoF.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
there was a discussion about Super Spy 'Geese' in 24-bit a while back, lemme look for it...

Ha! Turns out I was the one who brought it up.

if this thread was made a few days earlier that'd be hella tight.

DanDead

n00b
MotW is set in Neo Southtown not Southtown. Remember NESTS blow up the orignal Southtown in one of the KOF's. (2000 I think)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
WakuWakuWeirdo said:
i heard Legend Of Success Joe is in Southtown.
Can't be...it's a licensed game, not an SNK property. It comes from a comic created before video games even existed...back in the '60s.

WakuWakuWeirdo said:
Southtown = Los Angeles(where the creator of Fatal Fury has a vacation home)
Really? I've never heard that. And in Fatal Fury Special, it seems to be located in or around New Orleans. I also can't think of any southern-facing coast here in L.A.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Really? I've never heard that. And in Fatal Fury Special, it seems to be located in or around New Orleans. I also can't think of any southern-facing coast here in L.A.
Billy Kane's stage in FF1 is set near the Golden Gate Bridge.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
wow another texan joins the NG forums.

i know.
we should have our own forum.
screw the international forums.
we need a texas forum.