So, I'm going to get that fucking piece of junk

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
damn Kojima, put me on it

I'll prolly get an US version, with a broken LCD that I'll replace with a new Sharp screen stolen from my friend

few questions:

1) which firmware versions can be hacked and downgraded to 1.5?
I know 2.00 can

2) Most websites state it can't play region 2 UMD movies
but wikipedia states that differently
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable

It should also be noted that, despite what many websites say, Region 1 PSPs are capable of playing Region 2 and Region 4 UMD movies, and Region 2 PSPs are capable of playing Region 4 UMD movies (except the Region 4 version of Be Cool for an unknown reason)

3) any kickass titles other than wipeout and lumines?

4) what's the best site where to check about tutorials, hacks and homebrew?

thanks

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
if you wanna try something different try the metal gear Ac!d series, generation of chaos kicks ass if you don't mind the slowdown, darkstalkers and SFA3 is awesome if you mod your psp.

kaos

thank you both

nah, I'm not interested in acid
what i meant was MGS POps, coming this fall

I'll give darkstalkers a try

thanks again

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
See, I thought bah now I'm gonna have to get a psp to play this, but i'm not really too fussed, if it does well it might make it back to ps2 :kekeke:

but it looks like a lot of model re-use (ocelot,eva) etc, as they know they wont use those models again probably, so put them to good use in a spinoff, .. it still looks good, but i can't help but feel its just a cash in too.

sigh, mgs is the only game that makes me play playstation stuff, its so gay, I'm gonna have to get a ps3 and everything of course.. :crying:

kaos

kernow said:
it still looks good, but i can't help but feel its just a cash in too.

hey, hey
wassup kern buddy?

yeah, of course it is

but still, I find the plot and the comicbook-style cutscenes intriguing enough to make me get a bloody PSP
yeah, I know I'm such a fanboy but I love the series to death

thanks BIG for the link

It appears that both sites confirm region 1 PSPs can't play region 2 UMD movies.
I'm a bit confused
does it mean what wikipedia says is bullshit?

not that I'm really SO worried about that, but since I'm putting more than 100 bucks into it, I'd like to know that for sure

BIG

sony fanboy
kaos said:
It appears that both sites confirm region 1 PSPs can't play region 2 UMD movies.
I'm a bit confused
does it mean what wikipedia says is bullshit?

not that I'm really SO worried about that, but since I'm putting more than 100 bucks into it, I'd like to know that for sure

It's utter bullshit,I tell ya.

PS

Metal Gear rocks.

PPS

I'm so gh3y for the MG series.

B-