So I've started subtitling Maximum the Hormone videos..their new CD trailver is very WTF

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
but I think it's pretty awesome. I bought the CD and it's amazing.

Check out the trailer (not trailver!):

(One of the songs is a shout out to old skool gaming and references a Konami code, though not THE Konami code, lol)

I've also done Yoshu Fukushu (the song), ALIEN. amd Abara Bob, which can be found at http://www.jpopsuki.tv/search?modul...ormone&type=all&categoriesopt=0&page=2&page=1 (and I'm currently finishing up Rock Bankurawase)

I hope this is helpful. A lot of people don't realize they're back after their 6 year hiatus.

Edit Oh, and the first gif in my sig is from the video above, so um...yeah.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
alright i have to admit that was pretty great. never heard of them until now but as an avid listener of Balzac, this seems right up my alley but with a comedy twist. thanks for translating!

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
alright i have to admit that was pretty great. never heard of them until now but as an avid listener of Balzac, this seems right up my alley but with a comedy twist. thanks for translating!

Glad you liked it! Here's a couple whole songs from their new album to check out. ALIEN definitely has some humor lurking in there:

ALIEN:
[video]http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/Maximum-the-Hormone---ALIEN-%2528Eng-sub%2529/93a29f7e6be043aa824c1ea6df0875f9[/video] (I think this song is them goofing around with extremes, cos it's not exactly their normal sound)

Yoshu Fukushu (title track to new CD)
[video]http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/Maximum-the-Hormone---Yoshu-Fukushu-%2528Eng-sub%2529/3c139bc8c9d21c8c6a6babb1cc8a563c[/video]

Like any band, many would probably say their old stuff was better, but the new stuff is still great.

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
i like these guys

they put out some pretty unique stuff

had no idea they had a new album in the works; i'll give it a go later on

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
i like these guys

they put out some pretty unique stuff

had no idea they had a new album in the works; i'll give it a go later on

Yeah the new album is fantastic. I originally discovered them after seeing their drummer on YouTube (failing her own song on Drummania....hilariously). She's so adorable, I wanna pinch her cheeks:

She's also the guitarist's big sister.

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Maximum The Hormone is definitely a fun band, but I have to disagree with your WTF statement. In terms of the WTF spectrum for japanese music, MtH is somewhere on the opposite end of the truly crazy stuff

for example....melt-banana

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Maximum The Hormone is definitely a fun band, but I have to disagree with your WTF statement. In terms of the WTF spectrum for japanese music, MtH is somewhere on the opposite end of the truly crazy stuff

for example....melt-banana

Not the music, the video. LOL

Edit: I shall view your banana. ;)

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
watched the 2 videos, fucking genius. if this is there worst, i want to see there best. lets just make this a best of thread. haha

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
watched the 2 videos, fucking genius. if this is there worst, i want to see there best. lets just make this a best of thread. haha

This was my intro to MTH and probably still my favorite song of theirs:

This is Tsume Tsume Tsume, which was a single but ended up on the new album:

This is Bikini Sports Ponchin, which I usually choose as the first song to play someone who doesn't know them:

This is Koi no Megalover. The video is wacky:

So this is only about half or a quarter of their videos, and they're all awesome. That's not even getting into the ones that are anime themes.

They don't really have a worst. Even the deep cuts on their albums are great. Here's Abara Bob, which (as you can tell by how they look) is crazy old:
http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/Maximu...28Eng-sub%29/83f20301b5917385c9604c183541ce97
(this is the other one I subbed)

and here's a FB page full of live clips: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=vb.26663164554&type=2

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Noticed MTH some time ago, good to see they've got new material. Even though I don't find their music aesthetically pleasing, it sure as hell is interesting... and those vids are just awesome.
Thanks for the subtitles, sure adds another layer of confusion ;)

Melt Banana? ^^ yeah - what?² I've got two split 7"s that feature them but can't for the life of mine remember how or why they ended up in my record collection, let alone figure out their tracks...

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Last edited:

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Thanks for subtitling the videos! Really appreciate it.

Neo-Geo and MTH :)

Hey! I'm glad you like them! :D

It took a long time, but I really wanted to do something to help out my fellow MTH fans, since so many translations are poor (as in worse than mine, lol) or even intentionally wrong (misheard lyrics misrepresented as the real thing).....not to mention videos with a ridiculous array of fonts & font colors used in a single video (which I find distracting and self indulgent) or people who're just plain bad at subbing (poor timing, numerous mistakes, massive fonts).

It just seemed like it would be awesome to have a cohesive collection with consistent subs, so you could go from one video to another without jarring inconsistencies and potential obnoxiousness. Plus in the age of stuff like VideoDownloadHelper, nobody ever has to lose access to a video they really like.

I was fortunate to find that clow-eriol guy, who was kind enough to encode the videos in a format jpopsuki doesn't hate, and upload them (I also did some Hirakawachi 1-chome videos and one Yaida Hitomi).

I do definitely encourage people to buy their DVDs Debu vs Debu and Deco vs Deco, because (besides the music videos) they have whole live sets in addition to a buttload of bonus materials.

Thanks for the kind words! :D

P.S. If anybody ever needs to translate anything and doesn't want it to come of like utter crap (google translate) I highly recommend this page, with the romaji & "spaced rollover" options:
http://nihongo.j-talk.com/

It's tedious, but with the help of romajidesu and a few other resources, it can get you pretty far (though I do use google and bing translator for a rough overview, and sometimes for alternate word suggestions).

Edit: FYI, the full set of 16 are finished and out there.

Last edited: