So the Wii U........What exactly is Nintendo playing at?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
My wife just gave me this and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze as an early Father's Day gift. FYI for anyone who hasnt gotten yet, she picked it up at Toys R Us where you get 40% any Wii U game when you buy Mario Kart.

So basically you can get Mario Kart, a retail game and one of the 4 free download games for under $100...not bad a deal. I just checked online and the deal is still going on.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
My wife just gave me this and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze as an early Father's Day gift. FYI for anyone who hasnt gotten yet, she picked it up at Toys R Us where you get 40% any Wii U game when you buy Mario Kart.

So basically you can get Mario Kart, a retail game and one of the 4 free download games for under $100...not bad a deal. I just checked online and the deal is still going on.

Nice dude. Now that they are bringing NGC controller support to the Wii U I'm all the more tempted

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Surprised no one has mentioned this thing yet...

-

wii_u_gamecube_controller_adapter_thumb.jpg

-

...Official GameCube multitap adaptor for WiiU.

Wonder if they'll be releasing that SSB pad alongside too?

hope it works with wavebirds. i still have a bunch.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
hope it works with wavebirds. i still have a bunch.

It should. There is absolutely no reason why not. Huge fan of the wavebird myself, definitely Nintendo's best controller. Apparently they are getting expensive now though

I think I've discovered this and gotten pissed off before.. But the charge ports on the Wii U game pad and the Wii U Pro controller are different. WTF?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Surprised no one has mentioned this thing yet...

-

wii_u_gamecube_controller_adapter_thumb.jpg

-

...Official GameCube multitap adaptor for WiiU.

Wonder if they'll be releasing that SSB pad alongside too?

Even Nintendo realizes that the Gamecube pad is the best they ever did.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I knew they were going to have server issues with their promo offer so I just waited a couple of days before trying to register my copy. Well, 2 days later, here's what I get, the whole website is down :keke:

nintendoepicfail2thereturnoftheircrappyservers said:
Sorry!

Club Nintendo is currently unavailable due to site maintenance.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Remember to hang on to your product registration codes and make a note of your serial numbers - we'll be back soon so you can register your products.

Please note, it is not necessary to register your hardware to begin your warranty. This is done automatically at the retailer when you purchase your product. However, please check back to register your products for Club Nintendo benefits, including hardware warranty extensions.

Forum users please note, the Tech Support Forums will be in read-only mode during this time. All existing Forum topics, posts, and replies will remain available for those looking for technical assistance with Nintendo products. No new threads or messages can be created until Club Nintendo is back up.

Please try back later.

Until then visit us at Nintendo.com

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think I've discovered this and gotten pissed off before.. But the charge ports on the Wii U game pad and the Wii U Pro controller are different. WTF?

The gamepad requires a lot more juice than the pro controller. Since the pro just uses a standard mini usb cable and only needs a charge once every few months it's s non issue to me.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
wtf is this update? I ''can'' get updates and whatnot even when powered down and they'll show on the gamepad? how is this a bonus? I could download games with it shut off before, the only way I could think of to stop it was to turn off power down functions which said it would stop the new quick start thingy(which will let me pick the thing I'll use and still make me wait just as long?) so now I can't get downloads with it shutoff and the next time they update I'll have to wait for it to download to be able to use this thing?

maybe I don't get it and there is something good about being forced to have something do whatever it wants even if its turned off?
also whats good about quick start am I supposed to be senile or something and forget what I turned it on for by the time I'd reach the normal menus?

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
The Wii U in general is one big head-scratcher, but they really hit the spot with Mario Kart 8. Good price (I got it for $63 on release, where a new game for the new consoles is usually more than $100) and a free full game download. We had ten to choose from over here; I went with Pikmin 3.

"Pik" means penis and "min" means mine in Danish, but they haven't changed the title for any of the games. Shoddy research. Like putting pictures of babies on bottles of baby food in illiterate African countries.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
The Wii U in general is one big head-scratcher, but they really hit the spot with Mario Kart 8. Good price (I got it for $63 on release, where a new game for the new consoles is usually more than $100) and a free full game download. We had ten to choose from over here; I went with Pikmin 3.

The hell is going on with danish prices? The last time I was up there it wasn't even that bad...

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
$100 is about DKK550 with the current exchange rate. If you go to GameStop you'll have to cough up 599 for a new game for the PS4 or Xbone (they sell the games even though the console isn't officially out yet). You can save a hundred or so if you go online. They've added DKK50 to the standard price with each new console generation since the first PlayStation.

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
20 years down the line, it will become one of the "rare protos" that feeds all kinds of drama.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
The huge increase of console sales from Mario Kart 8 will hopefully get them to move those games.
There will be an increase, but still say, Nintendo should have thought ahead from day one, got their shit together, and aimed to have MK8 out for the Xmas just gone instead of 3D Mario Game X.

So many more consoles would have sold in the festive period via the strength of MarioKart > a 3D Mario title.

Also, the only Ubisoft IP that I have liked since the PS2/GCN/XBX era is Splinter Cell so, unless it's a modern remake of Splinter Cell 1, they can keep it...

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
whats that paper mario looking cover? not that I'd get a 3 ds for it.

the rayman wiiu game that was delayed to release with the other console versions is a great it killed my old insignia lcd.(probably just needs another new power board-I wonder if I could still get one?)

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I really hope Nintendo shows off some good stuff today, X, Bayo 2, Zelda
FZERO

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
You'll get no argument from me on the Ubisoft sucks train, but still, when a major publisher is willing to hold on to what is already a sunk cost for the game and not try to bring it to market, completely foregoing that more games sells more systems, something is wrong with the industry.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Time Magazine just leaked a picture of Shiggy playing Star Fox on the Wii-U.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
The reasons for owning a WiiU just continue to grow, I'm not a huge starfox fan but I'm happy for those that are.