So uh... Metal Slug XX....anyone play it?

BatManG85

Goal! Goal! Goal!
My gf is gonna give me a gift for our 1 year and she asked if I wanted a PSP game and I wanted to know was this any good? :)

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I played through it, it's decent I guess, I never played 7 but I heard it's pretty much a re-hash of the NDS version. there's some cool training missions with objectives like finish stage 1 without dying or beat stage one boss while only using basic gun. I found that more entertaining that playing through the game all at once.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
1,2 and X in that order.I do like 3 for 2player,not really into the others and didn't like the ds version.Probably won't be getting XX.

bluelander

n00b
If its anything like the DS version then its pretty good. At least for the PSP they added multiplayer...Who the hell makes a slug without multiplayer?

zxtec

Cheng's Errand Boy
My gf is gonna give me a gift for our 1 year and she asked if I wanted a PSP game and I wanted to know was this any good? :)

How sweet of your GF. Mine never bought me a video game of any type and always gives me the evil eye whenever I play games.:very_ang:

XX is decent. Nothing really new or different IMO. If you are a metal slug fan you should enjoy it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Apparently I'm in the minority here but I found 7 to be complete trash. Not 'merely competent' or 'average' but utter shit. That's just me, though.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
If I see this somewhere cheap(er), I'll probably pick it up.

Is the downloadable character Leona worth it?

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
MS on PSP makes my hands and fingers cramp. I'll prolly stay away from it. I have MS7 on NDS and like what I've played of it. I just have to play Slug on an SNK console to truly enjoy it.

MS3>MS1>MSX>MS2>MS5>MS7>MS4>MS6

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Haven't seen this for retail at the common places. Has anyone gotten this yet through regular retailers, i.e. gamestop, walmart, target, etc.?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
These retail chains are pretty bad at stocking budget titles priced at anything less than the full value of a normal game.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Haven't seen this for retail at the common places. Has anyone gotten this yet through regular retailers, i.e. gamestop, walmart, target, etc.?

Gamestop offers a locator service, so if you can't find a copy of the game in a branch store, you can ask them to look for a copy in the inventories of nearby branch stores and hopefully locate one. Atlus usually print their games in very limited quantities, so find one asap before they become rare.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer

I picked up my copy through Amazon, but I did see it for sale at my local Best Buy a day after its release date. They had about 5 copies at the time.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I think you'll be disappointed...but you've probably already received it by now. If it's as identical to the ds version as I think it is, it's letdown.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Got it at Gamnestop and I'm loving it. I'm afraid people are hating the game based on pure bias. Too bad they're missing out.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Played it at a friends and I didn't think it was that bad of a game.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Just wished they had some variety in control schemes, such as a flying or underwater stage though. But otherwise quite solid in gameplay with no control lag.