So what do you HATE about your country??

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Some of the first American gun control laws have their origins in Reconstruction era southerners trying to disarm newly freed slaves :emb:

Exactly, that shit goes both ways.

I can't tell you how happy I am to be in America and to be American again. Living in Europe changed me but mostly for the good. However I almost threw away all of my Americaness in favor of a European life. My last year in Europe is what made me realize how much I love America.

Americans have POWER. We almost always have the option to fight it and I love that.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I don't know why people always wanna associate guns with scared racist white republicans or whatever.

Yeah, you're right, many other fine upstanding groups also like owning guns.

1. Aforementioned white racist Republicans.
2. Gang bangers and criminals
3. People who like to kill defenseless animals for fun.
4. Governments who use force to steal from others with the help of weapons (guns incl)

Wow, good points there Spin, really...you're almost winning me over.

aria

Former Moderator
At least the right wing don't start at 8 am. Also, I found a new version here in Sapporo - bible bashers shouting about Jesus Christ. Not near our apartment though, thankfully.

Yesterday there were 2 rival parties driving their election vans next to each other competing by seeing who could shout the loudest / talk the fastest. Jesus Christ!

On a similar note, they have ikky vans here in Sapporo!!

Are you there for vacation or did you move? I've been seriously considering going to Hokkaido for several years now. I almost planned a trip for next month (instead going to Scandinavia because I wasn't sure how hot it would be up there, I know from experience that Tokyo can be really hot in August).

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Yeah, you're right, many other fine upstanding groups also like owning guns.

1. Aforementioned white racist Republicans.
2. Gang bangers and criminals
3. People who like to kill defenseless animals for fun.
4. Governments who use force to steal from others with the help of weapons (guns incl)

Wow, good points there Spin, really...you're almost winning me over.

What'll win you over is when those people you mentioned show up at your front door like they did mine, twice.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
What'll win you over is when those people you mentioned show up at your front door like they did mine, twice.

I've had a gun pulled on me twice, I still don't own a gun. Try again.

If you let fear control you, you've already lost.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I've had a gun pulled on me twice, I still don't own a gun. Try again.

If you let fear control you, you've already lost.

You call it fear I call it being prepared.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
It's a fair balance to the gun fanaticism that this board is quite familiar with.

Exactly.

And I've never once posted in a gun thread. So it's not trolling, it's conversating.

Cry me a river Duf, go shoot something, it'll make you feel better.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It's a fair balance to the gun fanaticism that this board is quite familiar with.

Everyone on this site is a fanatic about something.

Cry me a river Duf, go shoot something, it'll make you feel better.

I'll read the Bible instead. Nothing like His word to cure me of my worldly pains.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah, but guns, soda and fast food seem to be the most fervently discussed (outside of games of course.)

I dunno dude, the Firearm thread isn't nearly as long as the WWE, Car Enthusiast, and Beer threads.

I could go for a soda right about now :emb:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Does the title of the fitness thread still have spelling/grammar errors?

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Does the title of the fitness thread still have spelling/grammar errors?

I think it's been purposly left that way in hopes that it will eventually drive Deuce over th edge.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm meeting up with somebody from craigslist to do a high dollar guitar trade, and I asked a buddy of mine to roll with me just because he has a gun. No way I want to be snuffed out in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma over a stringed instrument.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I'm meeting up with somebody from craigslist to do a high dollar guitar trade, and I asked a buddy of mine to roll with me just because he has a gun. No way I want to be snuffed out in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma over a stringed instrument.

What, are you meeting him at an abandoned warehouse or something?

Just meet the guy in a highly-traveled, very public place.

I hate that people like Jesse Jackson feel the need to come out and start talking racism and slavery when LeBron leaves Cleveland for Miami.

Seriously, can people like JJ ever STFU? It's really a shame that people like LeBron won't publicly denounce him when he says this kind of shit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5372266

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
What, are you meeting him at an abandoned warehouse or something?

Just meet the guy in a highly-traveled, very public place.

You should visit Oklahoma some time. Everything is at LEAST an hour from each other. The guy I'm meeting lives almost 150 miles away. We decided on meeting midpoint, which is a McDonalds in the middle of the highway. It's not exactly an abandoned warehouse, but it isn't in the middle of a mall, either.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Are you there for vacation or did you move? I've been seriously considering going to Hokkaido for several years now. I almost planned a trip for next month (instead going to Scandinavia because I wasn't sure how hot it would be up there, I know from experience that Tokyo can be really hot in August).

We live here now.

Give me a shout if you come over.

Much nicer in the summer than Tokyo. Much lower humidity.

Eggy

Rugal's Thug
-unnecessary censorship in games that already are for adults(like cutting away re4's survival mode or not releasing games like dead rising AT ALL)
-chronical pessimism and the behaviour of some other germans(they ALWAYS complain about something)
-buerocratism(did I spell that right?). seriously, there's a law for everything. and they give horrible names to them.
-people from other countries associate nearly EVERYTHING with hitler. come on, that shit's been more than 60 years ago. and he wasn't even german.

THE FURY

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
-unnecessary censorship in games that already are for adults(like cutting away re4's survival mode or not releasing games like dead rising AT ALL)
-chronical pessimism and the behaviour of some other germans(they ALWAYS complain about something)
-buerocratism(did I spell that right?). seriously, there's a law for everything. and they give horrible names to them.
-people from other countries associate nearly EVERYTHING with hitler. come on, that shit's been more than 60 years ago. and he wasn't even german.

Australia is the same with the censorship, although we did get Dead Rising and a full Resident Evil 4.
There has been a petition for an R 18+ rating but sounds like that has feel on deaf ears.
Sad really,these crooks get into office and they have to do something like make up these stupid rules while people's privacy gets eroded away more every single day.