So who all is heading back to rapture today?

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I sure am, prebooked the collectors 360 version,

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Man, too many games coming up I want (FFXIII, Heavy Rain, Yakuza 3) and too much on my backlog for me to get this now. I'll wait for a price decrease.

Let us know how it is though. From what I've heard so far, it's pretty solid, though not as good as the first one (and really, who's surprised by that).

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
We definitely already have a thread somewhere....

I'm certainly enjoying the game, it's almost as good as the first(contrary to my prior statement). Feels like a sequel should, to me.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I'm holding off for now, and will only get it if the reviews are really good.

Personally, I think BioShock stood just fine on its own and didn't need a sequel. For such an "artistic" game, it's pretty clear that the sequel is a cash-in. I obviously haven't played it, but the idea of a multiplayer BioShock seems contrived. The only somewhat legitimate reason for a sequel is to expand more on the city of Rapture, even though if you listened to all the audio logs, you'd know what you needed to already. I'll probably take shit for this comment from people who just want more, more, and more, but I think I'm being pretty rational.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I myself am holding off. If anything I'll be going back to the first game since I've read that BioShock 2, outside of the multiplayer feature, is just either "more of the same" or "a lesser experience than the first". Which is fine, but probably not worth my $60.

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
I think I'll see how it goes first as well....you can buy a lot of other things with $60. That and I also wanna buy some other games.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I was highly, highly tempted by the LE but I just don't have the cash right now. If I did I'd be spinning that 180 gram OST right now.

Maybe with my tax refund.

On a highly related note I recently acquired a 45 of Beyond the Sea. :buttrock:

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I'll be picking it up tomorrow. I got a pre-order for a collector's edition, but I may have to settle for standard.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I picked it up today, but I no longer have a 360 to play it on. :(

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Anyone who studied etymology would have known to avoid the place to begin with...

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Rapture looked like a great place to live.

Ryan truly had a dream.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Strapped for cash at the moment. When I get my Wii back I plan on playing more of TvC then No More Heroes 2 then this. I was thinking of getting the PC version when they had the deal on Steam where you got the first game free. But I played it first on the 360 so I'm more used to the controls.

ni-ten

War Room Troll
...my first excursion into the much hyped realm was quite disappointing. So i really hope this time this time they got everything right. Will find out tomorrow, too tired to install it now :)

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
...my first excursion into the much hyped realm was quite disappointing. So i really hope this time this time they got everything right.

Really? You're definitely in the minority on that one.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
...my first excursion into the much hyped realm was quite disappointing. So i really hope this time this time they got everything right. Will find out tomorrow, too tired to install it now :)

I still consider it one of the greatest games ever made and still question how a sequel could ever compare to it, let alone surpass it.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I thought the respawn chamber in the original made the game too easy, but they kind of explained it later in the game, so I was ok with it.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I still consider it one of the greatest games ever made and still question how a sequel could ever compare to it, let alone surpass it.

I don't even know what the fucking point of a sequel is.

I just want to play the game to see what the fuck you are even doing in the sequel. I thought there was a definite sort of "finality" to the end of Bioshock.

Rapture is destroyed and you save the little sisters. THE FUCKING END.

This just stinks of Planet of the Apes.

Don't get me wrong, I like all the PoA films, but they're guilty pleasures and the first film is so much better than all the other films combined.

Maybe Bioshock 2 (and I'm pretty sure they said it was going to be a TRILOGY) will be a guilty pleasure that, while still fun, will never exceed the greatness of the first game.