So who owns an Atmoswave?

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
This thing seems like the MVS successor. Anybody own one yet? It's expensive, but it's not unattainable -- and I know some of you drop that kind of change on collectible video games stuff.

Anybody played any of the new SNK games like NGBC or the new KOF or better yet the new Samurai??? Is it any good?

Greywolf

Angel's Love Slave
Galford Forever said:
So... how is it? Is it "worth" it?? You going to get NGBC or the new SS?

To be honest, I just wanted to trade away some of my old arcade clunkers and those were the best offers I got for them (thanks a bunch to KaedesBlade and RingoC!). If it wasn't for those trades I wouldn't have gotten that setup so early, AW stuff is still too expensive atm and it's only gonna fall in price.

The hardware itself is nice, I like its compactness and ease of use.

As for the games, Demolish Fist is a decent little beat'em up, just don't expect too much from it. KOF NeoWave is basically KOF2K2 with rather static high-res backgrounds, and, oh yeah, loading times (wtf?! but it's a cart!!).

And yes, I'm also gonna get both NGBC and the new SS, as well as a few other AW games, as soon as their prices drop to a more affordable level. :)

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I want an Atomiswave but it's a little expensive for me right now, I'm going to start off with a Naomi 1 cart setup first.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
$350 for the board with those three games???

Do you have any ebay feedback?

meanbean

Armored Scrum Object
I have a Atomiswave with Demolish Fist, KoF Neowave, Dolphin Blue, Rumble Fish and Guilty Gear Isuka. I plan on getting KoF XI when the price drops to something a little more reasonible. The last batch of games coming out are top notch so I would definately get one if you have the opportunity.

deadjb

n00b
gamejunkie said:
$350 for the board with those three games???

Do you have any ebay feedback?

As I said in that thread, I believe, yes. I do have ebay feedback. kurtzd7583. I also have feedback (though admittedly not a whole lot) here, as well as on somethingawful's forums (skankerx).

ClubNinja

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
20 Year Member
deadjb said:
I actually have an AW and 3 games, but I'm looking to sell them because I have a huge credit card bill. :( Demolish Fist, Knights of Valour, Dolphin Blue.

I'd link to a post on these forums, but I don't have the postcount to make posts anymore. :( Though, I have this one on snk-capcom:

http://www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showthread.php?p=338750#post338750

I love my AW dearly. :(

Totally sold. I'll make sure it remains well loved ;)

B

blazt4m3

used to post here along time ago. dont even remember my old account or if it even exsist anymore. stopped posting here cause i was forced to sell my home aes system about 3 years ago or so. to depressing to come here lol. anyway
i seen this atomiswave come out and im back out of the hole now. I'm just wondering i seen them on coinop and all that in hongkong just wonderin if there is anywhere in the U.S. to get the atomiswave stuff and the cabinet?
Or what would i need to run the atomiswave like a console if that is even possible.

lol i feel like a noob been away from this type of stuff for so long.

basicly im just lookin to find out about it. I want to get a atomiswave but i dont want to pay insane price for it and a cabinet.

So im just lookin for a info on it.
thx in adv. to anyone that can give me some help here.

soon as i seen SS6 i just have to have one lol. so soon as tax season gets here ill be ordering at least the mobo with a game (probly not SS6 cause i seen the price on coinop :( )

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
ClubNinja said:
Totally sold. I'll make sure it remains well loved ;)

Damn, that was a great deal!

What about this supergun and cps2 games? There's no mention of them in the except for the title.

ClubNinja

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
Damn, that was a great deal!

It's especially nice that the stuff is only a 20 minute drive away, so I'll be picking everything up in person tonight. Screw shipping!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I will be picking up one in the future without a doubt for NGBC,SSVI,KOF XI & Dolphin Blue. I'll probbaly have it consolized.
-BB

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I have a MB but the service button is internaly Grounded so All I can do is watch the DB DEMO on my 15" VGA.

luggal

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Galford, we're probably 15 minutes away from each other. If you want to check out some of these games we can set something up. Get a few of us together for some:

SS6
NGBC
GGX 1.5
GG: Isuka
Dolphin Blue
KOF: NeoWave
Knights of Valour
Demolish Fist
The Rumble Fish

after playing the atomiswave I found it to be a dissapointment rumble fish was a pretty bad fighting game maybe if I played some other I would change my mind good thing I didn't buy it :oh_no: