So you bought a cab from Arcade Infinity????

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
How????

I want to buy one NOW but they don't have a phone number and don't respond to emails. And just forget about them updating their website. :blow_top:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I've heard the best way is to just stop by. Second to that is phone calls. Don't even bother with e-mails.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Shirt in a Can said:
How????

I want to buy one NOW but they don't have a phone number and don't respond to emails. And just forget about them updating their website. :blow_top:

I'd say..try posting a thread here..

http://www.arcadeinfinity.com/ (Forum part)

Maybe they'll answer.....or a PM..

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Did you try looking them up in the phone book? They might be listed.

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hey,

I email Jack Tao all the time, he just got through changing his email to:

Jack T <arcadesolution@hotmail.com> or www.rbmotoring.com

I'm currently buying a Hyper Neo Geo 64 Candy cabinet w/ LCD in the marquee. I have his cell phone # somewhere although I won't be able to get it for a few days as I'm out of town. The best way to get them to respond is to tell them up front that you are going to buy a cabinet from them. You can see alot of their stock on Ebay right now if you look. I bought my first Super Neo 29 Candy cabinet from them and everything went well, the gave me a good deal and for $75 they will crate it up for you. I hope this helps? Laters... :smirk:

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Thanks for your responses guys, I just got back from driving down to the warehouse and the arcade. They have apparently been evicted from there. The guy who was working at the arcade gave me a couple phone numbers, yet to try them out. I have tried posting at the forums, no responses.

I'm currently buying a Hyper Neo Geo 64 Candy cabinet w/ LCD in the marquee. I have his cell phone # somewhere although I won't be able to get it for a few days as I'm out of town. The best way to get them to respond is to tell them up front that you are going to buy a cabinet from them. You can see alot of their stock on Ebay right now if you look. I bought my first Super Neo 29 Candy cabinet from them and everything went well, the gave me a good deal and for $75 they will crate it up for you. I hope this helps? Laters...

Thanks a lot man, I will try the email you provided. EDIT- Nevermind, I read wrong. I will be looking to pick-up my cab direct anyway. How much did you get your cab for?

Last edited:

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Well,

For my Super Neo 29 Candy cab, I bought it for $399. The Hyper Neo Geo 64 Candy cab is going for $550. Still, good deal for me. I already have more games than I can fit in my cab. I'm also looking into getting the MultiJamma Kit as well. I'll keep all my Hyper 64 games in one and all the rest in the other. I'm looking into buying a big red as well, always wanted one of those!!

SpaceBoy

n00b
SeaWolf69 said:
Well,

For my Super Neo 29 Candy cab, I bought it for $399. The Hyper Neo Geo 64 Candy cab is going for $550. Still, good deal for me. I already have more games than I can fit in my cab. I'm also looking into getting the MultiJamma Kit as well. I'll keep all my Hyper 64 games in one and all the rest in the other. I'm looking into buying a big red as well, always wanted one of those!!
Sounds like good prices. Where did you get those prices? From their ebay auctions? Just wondering, because I too am not getting emails replied to. I see they have several cabinets up, the neo 29 candy they have listed is for 750 though :(

With that candy did it come with the mvs board? I"m guessing not for that price you got it, but wondered. Thanks.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Evicted??!! Good grief. The arcade biz is on it's last leg.

icoNsx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Just Email them and say your "ready to buy". Thats what I did, and Jack emailed me with his cell# the next day.
The NEO29 on ebay looks really nice compared to the one he tried to sell me. They had a ton of New Sega Astro Citys. All the cabs I saw there were very yellow. I ended up buying a Konami Domy Theatre 33 from him.
New Sega Astro City = $450
Super Neo 29 w.LCD = $650
Those are the prices he gave me 2 months ago.
Tony

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
What's a Konami Domy Theater? BTW, where's his new warehouse? I haven't bought a machine from him in ages, but I got all my jap cabs from him (8 cabs so far). I'd like to get a sega megalo 2 or that hokuto no ken punching game from him one day if space permits.

icoNsx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
StealthLurker said:
What's a Konami Domy Theater? BTW, where's his new warehouse? I haven't bought a machine from him in ages, but I got all my jap cabs from him (8 cabs so far). I'd like to get a sega megalo 2 or that hokuto no ken punching game from him one day if space permits.
It looks a little like a mvs25 but super sized to 33inches. I dont think the cab fits through a normal door, I have it in my garage/gameroom/junkyard :) Ive never been to the old warehouse, but he told me its on the same street just a couple of blocks away. Not sure if I still have the address.
Tony

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Sounds like good prices. Where did you get those prices? From their ebay auctions? Just wondering, because I too am not getting emails replied to. I see they have several cabinets up, the neo 29 candy they have listed is for 750 though

With that candy did it come with the mvs board? I"m guessing not for that price you got it, but wondered. Thanks.
Well, I heard about these guys website first and then I stopped by their wharehouse, but they didn't have any in stock? I got Jack's cell ph# and I called him a few months later and he quoted me a price of $450 first and I said that I would get back to him, then I emailed him and he gave me a the $399 price and I jumped on it.
It just was just the cabinet only, I tried to buy a 4 slot as well but they didn't have any? Man, before that, I had both a Neo Geo MV-1A and a Hyper Neo Geo 64 motherboards collecting dust in my closet for a yr. I bought them on a impulse thinking I could pick up a cabinet anytime. I was glad when I plugged them in that they worked great. When you buy the cabinet from them, you can stop by and test it out before you buy it and you can specify if you want it to be mono or stereo, 1 player or 2 player and wether or not you want the select button installed or to have it as the standard Neo Geo 4 button or Street Fighter 6 Button setup.

SpaceBoy

n00b
SeaWolf69 said:
Sounds like good prices. Where did you get those prices? From their ebay auctions? Just wondering, because I too am not getting emails replied to. I see they have several cabinets up, the neo 29 candy they have listed is for 750 though

Well, I heard about these guys website first and then I stopped by their wharehouse, but they didn't have any in stock? I got Jack's cell ph# and I called him a few months later and he quoted me a price of $450 first and I said that I would get back to him, then I emailed him and he gave me a the $399 price and I jumped on it.
It just was just the cabinet only, I tried to buy a 4 slot as well but they didn't have any? Man, before that, I had both a Neo Geo MV-1A and a Hyper Neo Geo 64 motherboards collecting dust in my closet for a yr. I bought them on a impulse thinking I could pick up a cabinet anytime. I was glad when I plugged them in that they worked great. When you buy the cabinet from them, you can stop by and test it out before you buy it and you can specify if you want it to be mono or stereo, 1 player or 2 player and wether or not you want the select button installed or to have it as the standard Neo Geo 4 button or Street Fighter 6 Button setup.

Thanks for the good info..

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
SeaWolf69 said:
I've been considering purchasing a new cab from Arcade Infinity for some time now, and recently I've been drooling over these pics (pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4 pic5) of the Super Neo 29 Candy. Based on what I've read on these forums (and in Arcade Infinity's jdmautohouse eBay auctions), AI will custom configure the button layout for you -- it appears this one has a 7-button layout, intended to support MVS & PGM 4-button games and CPS-style 6-button games. From Pic4 (and some other AI button layouts I've seen on this cab), it looks like there's space available in the center of the panel for a Select button. According to this auction, the Super Neo 29 Candy's monitor is rotatable to support the use of vertical shooters -- was this the case with yours, SeaWolf69? Is the process of rotating the monitor a smooth & simple one, or should I invest in a back brace? :p

As I understand it, when purchasing a cab from Arcade Infinity, you're getting the cab, the monitor, power source, speakers, controls, etc., but that any motherboards you want to have onboard would be "separate" purchases incurring additional costs. I'm in the same situation you were in, SeaWolf69 -- I already own motherboards for CPS and PGM, will soon own MVS and HNG64, and eventually plan to get F3 and ST-V. I'm wondering, is it possible to request that AI take this into consideration when wiring up my Super Neo 29 Candy?

I'm planning to contact Arcade Infinity via email and their online forum, but I wanted to get (what I presumed to be) some of the basic questions answered before initiating contact with them. Any additional feedback would be much appreciated.

--Chris

Wing Nut

Mr. Big's Thug
I bought a Super Neo 29 from them a few years ago and it looks just like the one in those pictures: 7 button layout. It also has a select button right in the middle. It cost me between $600 and $650, but that was with a four slot installed. He even threw in a Stakes Winner game to my surprise.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So why are they so hard to contact? I really am interested in one of those neo29's with the 7button layout. Just expands your gaming options to so much!

I do like my 4 marquee section on my neo25 though. I dont care much for theones with the LCD either. IF this neo29 had a Marquee board or some interchangable thing, that would be ideal.

Wing Nut

Mr. Big's Thug
My Super Neo 29 came with a plastic marquee holder that attaches to the top of it. It can hold mini marquees or whatever.

ndfound

n00b
They use the same pics over and over it would seem. So there's no telling what your going to get unless you see it in person. Those pics look like the exact cab I bought from AI. It had some nice scratches in the lower left side including that big one in lower left that is visable in the pic. There is also some yellowing around the top of the cab. The damage could have occured on the trip over from Japan and i'm probably overcritical but when I pay for a "New" product.. It should be new.

Wave

New Challenger
This thread cracked me up...

I actually sent these guys an email just a few days ago- and im almost completely sure i wont hear from them.

They seem shady at BEST, they dont list prices or stock on the site, dont respond to email or messages on thier forums. I could definately believe that they have been evicted, judging by thier ethics and buisness practices.

One thing going for them, prices are good.

People lining up in droves for these cabs and it seems as though they have no interest in raking in the cash.

As desperate as i am for a cab, these guys seem more trouble than its worth.

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWolf69

I've been considering purchasing a new cab from Arcade Infinity for some time now, and recently I've been drooling over these pics (pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4 pic5) of the Super Neo 29 Candy. Based on what I've read on these forums (and in Arcade Infinity's jdmautohouse eBay auctions), AI will custom configure the button layout for you -- it appears this one has a 7-button layout, intended to support MVS & PGM 4-button games and CPS-style 6-button games. From Pic4 (and some other AI button layouts I've seen on this cab), it looks like there's space available in the center of the panel for a Select button. According to this auction, the Super Neo 29 Candy's monitor is rotatable to support the use of vertical shooters -- was this the case with yours, SeaWolf69? Is the process of rotating the monitor a smooth & simple one, or should I invest in a back brace?

As I understand it, when purchasing a cab from Arcade Infinity, you're getting the cab, the monitor, power source, speakers, controls, etc., but that any motherboards you want to have onboard would be "separate" purchases incurring additional costs. I'm in the same situation you were in, SeaWolf69 -- I already own motherboards for CPS and PGM, will soon own MVS and HNG64, and eventually plan to get F3 and ST-V. I'm wondering, is it possible to request that AI take this into consideration when wiring up my Super Neo 29 Candy?

I'm planning to contact Arcade Infinity via email and their online forum, but I wanted to get (what I presumed to be) some of the basic questions answered before initiating contact with them. Any additional feedback would be much appreciated.

--Chris

Well,

When I bought my first cabinet from them, it was a standard 4 button Neo Geo MVS CP setup and it had a standard JAMMA wire harness. It came with just the cab & manual, no motherboard/game. There was no select button, but it had a hole with a cover with "select" graphic on it. I modified my cab by doing the following - still a ongoing process:

- a select button - the wiring was present in the harness, so I just had to take the wire from the molex connector going into the CP and connected it to a button.

- changed all the buttons & joysticks w/ Happ Competition ones I won on Ebay.

- added 3 buttons on both sides to be able to play JAMMA+/Street Fighter games.

- When I put in my Neo Geo 4 slot the test button wouldn't work so I made a jumper from pin 15 to M so I can access the test function in both: Jamma vs. Neo Geo Wiring Diagram.

- a pause switch which I placed below the select button.

- a Stereo/Mono switch so I can change my speaker setup for games that only support one of the following audio.

- a flourescant light in the Marquee which I bought from Walmart.

- on/off switch for 2 player button which I placed inside by the PSU on/off switch. I have little kids and it would irritate me to no end when I would work so hard to beat a game and they would hit start at a crucial moment :blow_top: :oh_no: .

There is indeed 3 more places for buttons if you take off the little panel above the CP, not sure what it was used for, I usually just put my move stickers there. All the systems that you have listed will work one a JAMMA harness although I urge you to install the Stereo/Mono Switch so you don't burn out your speakers and it will sound will come out right, you can usually find out what the motherboards/games support by going to KLOV.
As for rotating a monitor, I have never needed to do that for any of my games? I have a Neo Geo 1 & 4 slot, Hyper Neo Geo 64, Tatio F3, Capcom CPS-II, and a few JAMMA PCB's. They all work great in my cab, although I am on the look out for Pac-Mania & Macross Plus and I think they are vertical games? I could be wrong though? I hope this helps, I had alot of fun modifying my cab, looking forward to when I finally get my other one and start in on it :smirk: .

Last edited:

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
This thread cracked me up...

I actually sent these guys an email just a few days ago- and im almost completely sure i wont hear from them.

They seem shady at BEST, they dont list prices or stock on the site, dont respond to email or messages on thier forums. I could definately believe that they have been evicted, judging by thier ethics and buisness practices.

One thing going for them, prices are good.

People lining up in droves for these cabs and it seems as though they have no interest in raking in the cash.

As desperate as i am for a cab, these guys seem more trouble than its worth.

Well,

These guys mostly sell cars and these cabinets are just a little extra they can ship with the rice rockets they sell. I suspect that they get a ton of emails all the time about cabinets and these people never follow through in buying one? You will get a much faster response if you let them know up front that your going to buy one and it helps if you can send payment either in person or via Paypal. Even better, give them a call and talk to them personally. Hell, the other Candy cabinet I bought from them had a LCD in the marquee and I sent them a $100 each payday until I paid it off, these guys are great in my book. Hah, I saw a SNK cab w/ a 40" or 50" screen while I was at the wharehouse, going to be my next purchase for sure :buttrock: . Well, if my wife lets me that is :smirk: .
As for getting evicted, they are still in the same storage place, just down the street a bit, so I don't think that was a major problem? Atleast that is where the person who picked up my other cab told me? I'm not trying to get down on your comments or anything, but it is easy to speculate on things and get the wrong impression if you don't actually go & see for yourself? Laters...

SeaWolf69

Last edited:

nickwild

n00b
I bought a Konami 29 Windy cabinet from them and picked it up in person just last saturday. I delt with a guy named Jeff who was nice and helpful. They had a ton of brand new Neo Candy 29s still shrinkwrapped in the warehouse and lots of other nice cabinets. Good deal. Nice guy. No problem getting a deal going when I expressed I was serious.

-Nick

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
SeaWolf69 said:
Well,

These guys mostly sell cars and these cabinets are just a little extra they can ship with the rice rockets they sell. I suspect that they get a ton of emails all the time about cabinets and these people never follow through in buying one? You will get a much faster response if you let them know up front that your going to buy one and it helps if you can send payment either in person or via Paypal. Even better, give them a call and talk to them personally. Hell, the other Candy cabinet I bought from them had a LCD in the marquee and I sent them a $100 each payday until I paid it off, these guys are great in my book. Hah, I saw a SNK cab w/ a 40" or 50" screen while I was at the wharehouse, going to be my next purchase for sure :buttrock: . Well, if my wife lets me that is :smirk: .
As for getting evicted, they are still in the same storage place, just down the street a bit, so I don't think that was a major problem? Atleast that is where the person who picked up my other cab told me? I'm not trying to get down on your comments or anything, but it is easy to speculate on things and get the wrong impression if you don't actually go & see for yourself? Laters...

SeaWolf69

WoW! How much do they want for the big screen neo geo? DROOOOOOL :drool_2:

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Many, many thanks for your feedback, SeaWolf69!
nickwild said:
I bought a Konami 29 Windy cabinet from them and picked it up in person just last saturday. They had a ton of brand new Neo Candy 29s still shrinkwrapped in the warehouse and lots of other nice cabinets.
This is, simultaneously, the thing I most and least wanted to hear. :p I really want to get a new cab already, but this means I'll be dusting off the Citibank card sooner than expected.

When you say Neo Candy 29... do you mean Neo 29 Candy or Super Neo 29 Candy (as opposed to Neo 29 or Neo 29 MVS)? or did they have plenty in stock of all these? My lunch break is almost over, but I'm going to try emailing AI tonight.

Thanks again to both of you for the replies! :)

--Chris

EDIT:

PS. SeaWolf69 & Wing Nut: if possible, could you provide me with some quick measurements of your Super Neo 29 Candies? I'm interested in the width & depth of the cab's "footprint," as well as the cab's max depth measurement (from the front of the control panel to the back of the cab). The footprint size will help me to determine where I can place it in my gameroom, and the measurements at the level of the control panel (the cab's "girthiest" portion) will tell me how easily (or not easily) it'll fit thru my gameroom door. If this cab does turn out to be just slightly too big to squeeze thru the doorway, is it possible to partially disassemble the cab (by removing the control panel)?

PPS. Amused by the fact that this thread got resurrected with talk of the Super Neo 29 on... the 29th of July.

Last edited: