SOLD: Taito Egret II Jacksonville, FL $800 obo (ship in US or Canada)

Neogeofan12

Banned
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Haven't used it in a little while plus car work = Egret II for sale.

This is one of the cabs from the SE Neo-Geo Egret II order.

Has repo 100 yen sticker, repo instruction space, AW marquee holder, new buttons (Sanwa) and sticks (LS-32-01 on might putty, meh if you want to remove the stick get a scraper and a hammer and it'll do the job) and last but not least all the keys for the cab.

The cab is in good condition for the most part but it's not mint. Does have marks on the left side but shouldn't be too bad. Right side is much better with little marks on it. I consider it gamer's condition. Great if you just want a good cab to play games on.

CP is Neo-Geo style panel. The cab is great for MVS stuff but if you want to go to the Capcom route you must either drill more holes on the panel or replace the panel with a Capcom style. The cab is great for JAMMA games. If you want me to add in the fourth button for MVS I can do that free of charge.

The cab has a MS-9 in it which is amazing for the color quality. I must say that there's a slight geometry issue on the bottom right of the tube but it's not major or anything. Every Egret II with a MS-9 has the same problem. The best thing about this cab is that there's a rotation mech built in so you don't have to take out of the tube when rotating it. Of course I must say that there's slight burn in on the cab but when playing it you don't notice the burn in at all. This cab is great for shmups if you're planning to keep it in TATE. If you want to MAME it then this is a good cab to do it on.

The cab can play low/med rez games, but not high rez stuff.

Will also include two stools which are the perfect height for the Egret II.

SOLD

Located on the UNF campus and the cab is up the third floor so bring a friend or two to get the cab downstairs (if you can't get anyone I can try to get people to help you out). Interested people can stop by and bring anything they want to try it out. I have no JAMMA boards for it so bring your own. PM me for more info and if you want to contact me via cell I can give you my cell info.

Pictures:

http://img688.imageshack.us/i/tnpicture012.jpg/
http://img156.imageshack.us/i/tnpicture013.jpg/
http://img140.imageshack.us/i/tnpicture014.jpg/
http://img156.imageshack.us/i/tnpicture015.jpg/
http://img687.imageshack.us/i/tnpicture016.jpg/
http://img249.imageshack.us/i/tnpicture017.jpg/
http://img688.imageshack.us/i/tnpicture018.jpg/
http://img687.imageshack.us/i/tnpicture019.jpg/

Shipping:

I have no problems shipping the item anywhere to the USA or Canada but shipping arrangements must be done by the buyer. I would need help getting the cab downstairs to the first floor and getting it wrapped for protection. I will make sure it's 100% working before shipment but once it's out of my hands it's between the buyer and the shipper if anything bad happens. People like using NAVL as a shipper so I would recommend using them, but you can use any shipper that you choose. Cab info is that the item is around 240 pounds and has the est dimensions of 750 x 903 x 1450 mm (1765 mm including Marquee) (dimension info is from Hard--candy.com). Also the item is on a college address (zip is 32224) and needs help getting the cab downstairs and help warping it up.

Also I would recommend shipping the marquee holder, the keys, and extra goodies separately. Now I don't mind shipping this to Canada but once again all shipping arrangements must be done by the buyer and any duty/custom fees is the buyer's problem, not mine.

Last edited:

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
You know, if you had messaged me just hours earlier, I may have been able to take this cab from you, but you literally caught me just moments after buying and setting up my new 54inch plasma in my game room, which after seeing, I can't part with for an egrett. So sad and happy at the same time. Good luck with the sale, thanks for letting me know though.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Glue?!

YOU FUCKING PUT GLUE ON THE STICKS?!

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
465   0   0
Didn't you spend like $200 on that panel, and you can't splurge $8 for a pair of mounting plates?

Lizard lick is sped up on shipping again.

Are they even held in with screws?

Good luck with your sale.

Neogeofan12

Banned
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Didn't you spend like $200 on that panel, and you can't splurge $8 for a pair of mounting plates?

Lizard lick is sped up on shipping again.

Are they even held in with screws?

Good luck with your sale.

When I got this cab from cgbarket it came with the NG panel. I didn't believe that any of the LS mounting plates can fit on this panel plus I was dying to play the new sticks so I went with this route. The joysticks work just fine. It's really not hard to remove the putty from the panel.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
geez, lots of sandy vag members in here

sure it's a ghetto job, but it's just putty

overall it's a really nice cab IMO, if i was closer i'd be on this

Neogeofan12

Banned
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
geez, lots of sandy vag members in here

sure it's a ghetto job, but it's just putty

overall it's a really nice cab IMO, if i was closer i'd be on this

Thus I say Gamer's condition. I can always ship the bastard if you want to do it. :loco:

Shipping est should be around $100-$200 for this.

Edit: Maybe not $200, I guess a little higher? I'll contact NAVL just out of question. If you're dead serious in shipping the cab contact the shipper of your choice and ask for a quote.

Last edited:

WinkWink

World Soccer '96
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Is that Play-Doh on the sticks?

:lol:

In all seriousness, that is a pretty good price for a E2....

But you may want to put a test grid on the monitor and take a pick of this geometry issue that almost all E2's have?

Neogeofan12

Banned
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
:lol:

In all seriousness, that is a pretty good price for a E2....

But you may want to put a test grid on the monitor and take a pick of this geometry issue that almost all E2's have?

I would if I had a PCB. I'll see if I can find pervious pictures of the games that I had before.

Neogeofan12

Banned
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Ok I will try to explain the imperfect geo for you guys:

tnpicture163.jpg

If you look at the upper left area you can see that the picture doesn't go in a straight line. It didn't bug me not much but a little overscan can fix the problem.

tnpicture196.jpg

It's very hard to point out the geo issue but it's at the lower right of the screen (very little issue). Looks great when you slightly overscan it a bit.

tnpicture.jpg

Now look at the All Rights Reserved part of the screen. See that the letters don't fully go in a straight line? Running the screen in a hori the bottom screen is not a perfect straight line (it's very very minor, but not dead serious to the point that the cab needs a repair). Once again if you do a little overscan it will look better. Just about all the Egrets will have this sort of issue (when cgbarket sold me this cab I tested out his other three Egrets and they all have minor geo issues).

Some people would tri-rez this but the MS-9 is amazing so I wouldn't do it.

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
You can buy the flat mounting plate needed for your panel from Lizard or akihabarashop. Maybe it would sell better if you fixed that?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
Serious interest:

Can you send me the dimensions on this cab? need to know if it will make it into the basement.