Some help with Astro City power supplies

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hey guys,

A few months ago I went to fire up my Astro City and literally nothing happened. No click, no hum, just nothing - almost like the mains switch was turned off. I've gone over the inside of the PSU to look for anything that was obviously fried (including the fuses) and everything seems to be visibly fine.

So on to a few questions:

1. Does anyone know of a resource to repair these types of PSUs?

2. I'm considering ordering one of these adapters: https://www.highway.net.au/arcade-p...ansformers/sega-atx-power-supply/17180-1.html - Does anyone have any experience with these?

Any guidance would be appreciated big time!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
One of those adapters, if it fits properly will allow you to use a PC ATX power supply for 5/12v+ no problem.

Overall though I'd rather you rebuild with 1) replacement (they can be found) or a basic arcade power supply (forget your inbuilt amp) and re wire.

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
One of those adapters, if it fits properly will allow you to use a PC ATX power supply for 5/12v+ no problem.

Overall though I'd rather you rebuild with 1) replacement (they can be found) or a basic arcade power supply (forget your inbuilt amp) and re wire.

I like the thought of the adapter boards I linked to because I was hoping to avoid hacking up the wiring harness. Sounds trying to repair might be more trouble than it's worth.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I like the thought of the adapter boards I linked to because I was hoping to avoid hacking up the wiring harness. Sounds trying to repair might be more trouble than it's worth.

I have had a lot of luck rebuilding psus, I would try that first it's only a handful of caps. After that test the 5v and 12v, if one or the other is not working then you will have to replace those voltage regulators too. Once complete you should be rock solid for quite some time. Which psu is in yours?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Is there someone in this forum that actually do power supply repair or sell adapter ends that can be used on a Happ power supply.

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
So I decided to go with the adapter board I liked to in the original post. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.