Some import PS3 questions

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Hi folks,
I know some of you have the Japanese version of the PS3 and I need some info from you regarding them.

1. Will it specifically play the following games: Last Blade Collection, KoF XI, Mark of the Wolves, Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike, EspGaluda, DoDonPachi Daioujou, Samurai Shodown Tenka, NG Battle Col, and Mushihime Sama.

2. Is the user interface capable of an english option and can a user in the US get any games Sony issues as online content on a Japanese system? One of the reasons I am looking to get one soon is because Namco is releasing Tekken 5 DR as downloadable content in the near future so the ability to connect and DL the game is imperative.

3. Is there a competitive fighting game stick out for the system yet along the lines of a RAP?

I may think of a few more things later. Thank you for your time and any input you may provide.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Asmoday said:
2. Is the user interface capable of an english option and can a user in the US get any games Sony issues as online content on a Japanese system? One of the reasons I am looking to get one soon is because Namco is releasing Tekken 5 DR as downloadable content in the near future so the ability to connect and DL the game is imperative.

Yes, you can select English.

You can access the SONY Store in different regions if you create accounts for those regions. I haven't done this personally though. I have a buddy in Japan that has a JPN PS3, with an account for JPN and the US. He can access both versions of the SONY Store depending on the account he uses.

Tekken 5 DR almost certainly will go to the US too, so...

Asmoday said:
3. Is there a competitive fighting game stick out for the system yet along the lines of a RAP?

Wait for the VF5 stick in February.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I don't know if this helps but KOF2000 for jpn ps2 works so other SNK releases should, I suspect only really old games might be the ones that have compatibility problems.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
"Tekken 5 DR almost certainly will go to the US too, so..."

I figured that, but I dont know how they deal with downloadable content and if its region protected.

Thank you both for the answers. Looks like I am going to have to pick up a Japanese unit whenever Namco issues a rock steady release date for DR.