some people are on crack

discgolfer72

Crossed Swords Squire
ok this local used game store(gameco) has had this sitting in their store for around 4 years now in a non working state

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/tag/1039254590.html
i went in about a week ago to ask if he would sell a few of the games he had or sell the whole thing

i offed him 150 for the cab(didnt want any of the games ) and he declined it saying he had more than 600$ in it already

the guy now has it listed on cl
i know for a fact the monitor is toast needs a new flyback allong with cap kit and probaly an iso as the one in it is solid flaked rust

i think my 150 $ offer was actually a little hi conserding that the whole top of the cab is bondo (and no a good job either it looks like someone put playdough up there and didnt sand a thing ) i dont see how anyone can expect to recive 400$ for a broken neo geo cab that is far from perfect (i guess it is coming from a stor that pays you 5$ for a xbox 360 game and then sells it to dipshits for 55$)

i mean its probaly not even worth that in working cond unless someone just really wanted it super bad

if anyone wants to offer to buy his games please do mabey then i can get the thing for parts for a better price than 400$

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
He will come down on the price when it doesn't sell. They always do.

I had the same situation with a 4 slot big red that I wanted from a local used game shop.

The difference was he didn't want to sell it for <900. I was willing to pay around 700 for it.

He thought he could get 1000+ for it easy.

Whatever.

2 years later I got it for <400.

The kicker was he said it didn't work (only had a sound problem) but there was a spare 4 slot PCB, a 2 slot PCB, and 8 games stowed away in the bottom all working.

discgolfer72

Crossed Swords Squire
good snagg lol

i just want this one for the monitor since i have a spare chassis for the same monitor here and would love to slap it in my 2 slot (got my 2 slot for 100$ with a brand new 19 incher i installed )
and i can never have enough joysticks and buttons
id end up burning the cab but id be affraid to with all the bondo in it