Sony BVM-20F1U help

slai50

New Challenger
Anyone here own a BVM-20F1U and knows what settings to adjust to fix a crooked picture? The picture tilts slightly down to the left and slightly up to the right. I think its a setting under the alignment screen. I tried all the settings on the 1st page under alignment to no effect. There are 3 more pages of settings under alignment so thought I would ask here first. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
I'd imagine a nice BVM has electronic adjustment for that sort of thing, but if not, the classical fix for a crooked CRT image is to loosen the yoke's band (on the CRT neck), CAREFULLY rotate the yoke, then tighten the band again. Be sure the distance forward/back is kept consistent, otherwise you will run into purity issues.

ToD_

n00b
All adjustments on the BVM-20F1U can be done through the alignment menus, no need to access a service menu. The geometry adjustments you're looking for are on the first two pages only. Pages 3 and 4 are only for convergence, which really won't be of any help for what you're trying to accomplish. For your issue try playing around with the ROTATION, H KEY, HKEY BAL.