sony gamer's day : the hypometer!

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i just plowed through the truckload of vids from gametrailers and for no good reason wanted to rate my hype for the big games from 1-10 (forgive me i'm bored and interested in what everyone else thinks). my ratings are based purely on sony gamer's day footage.

lair : 5/10 - looks nice but i'm not convinced it would be fun to play. twisting around looking for targets, time limited objectives, lock on fireballs look weird and getting shot from behind alot...

uncharted : 9/10 - awesome animation, nice graphics, varied gameplay, cool indy feel.

pain : 5/10 - could go either way, seems like it borrows from flatout minigames and saints row insurance missions. if it's like $10 bucks then it's probably worth it. anymore and i'd say it will lose it's appeal too soon.

ratchet : 7/10 - looks great but the previous games have never held my attention till the end.

heavenly sword : 3/10 - meh, quick time events and repetitive hack and slash gameplay.

warhawk : 8/10 - my type of game but i'm worried that the maps are too big and the on foot too slow for the amount of players they are going to have in a game. might only be fun in a maxed out server and playing certain roles (warhawk or base defence in a tank with partner, etc)

folklore : 4/10 - dynasty warriors meets dmc with gimmicky spirit wrestling gameplay.

little big planet : 8/10 - looks very creative and off beat. how much the physics are implemented is the clincher imo.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
yep

for no good reason

who rates game trailers

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I'm most interested in Folklore as of this moment seen as it is released in Japan in about a month from now.

The art direction looks very impressive.

Gameplay? Dunno. Maybe nothing special, but should be very polished.

I'm wondering if Sony have any plans at all to promote this game, as I don't think I have seen a thing about it anywhere beyond stumbling across the official site. I mean, it's not like they have anything else to promote between now and the end of July...

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Games are the new movies.

That has never been more apparent to me than after having watched the majority of those trailers.

(LittleBigPlanet looks amazing--but since I won't be owning a PS3 for a long time to come, I can't say I'm excited about it.)

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Didn't think I was the only one who sees absolutely nothing in Heavenly Sword amidst all of the inexplicable hype.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Korigama said:
Didn't think I was the only one who sees absolutely nothing in Heavenly Sword amidst all of the inexplicable hype.

I'd be more hyped about it if there weren't 15 bad guys on screen and only one of them actually doing anything.

There is no point in having a load of enemies on screen if all they are going to do is look on and wait to get killed.