SOTM December: Andro Dunos

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
c'mon people, I posted a 2nd last best score :lolz: , no shame here , just post something :)

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
New record...low XD
SNKorSWM-125,600-stage2-MVS
DSC00387.JPG

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
androfinal.jpg

andsuchisdeath - 1,815,800 - stage 2-6 - romz

Well, I cleared the first loop.

That's all folks. I'll post some strats soon.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
What are the default settings? I'm playing on a multicart with my CMVS in arcade mode, but the difficulty choices are easy, normal, hard, very hard (instead of 1-10). Also, what is the default number of lives? 3?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Nice job, andsuch. That's impressive. I'm sure you'll say something like, "not really." But you'd be wrong. It is.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
I like this game - cool enemies; strategy in shot selection; not a ton of strategic scoring but there are certainly ways to score better. There are ample extends. My only real frustration at this point is the length runs take. This last run felt like at least 35 minutes...but it was worth it. First time I cleared stage 6...ever (ty, asid) but my unfamiliarity w/stage 7 got me got quick.

mjmjr25 - 731,010 - Stage 7 - MVS
Spoiler:
SPPXsUT.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I like this game - cool enemies; strategy in shot selection; not a ton of strategic scoring but there are certainly ways to score better. There are ample extends. My only real frustration at this point is the length runs take. This last run felt like at least 35 minutes...but it was worth it. First time I cleared stage 6...ever (ty, asid) but my unfamiliarity w/stage 7 got me got quick.

mjmjr25 - 731,010 - Stage 7 - MVS
Spoiler:
SPPXsUT.jpg

Nice.

Stage 7 IMO is easier than 6, 5 and 4. The only tough portion is the large "mid boss" which shows up about 30 seconds in. Bomb him and the rest is very simple (a lot of green four way shooting at some funky angles, that's about it). The Stage 7 boss is also a joke. Stay close, inside the laser columns, point blank, back up and go a pixel up to avoid the bullet spray and repeat.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
My only real frustration at this point is the length runs take. This last run felt like at least 35 minutes...but it was worth it.

This is really my one gripe about the game, and what's preventing me from wanting to improve much. It's just so slowly paced. Also the boss designs are mega uninspired.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Damn, so many good players of this game...I can barely make it to the 2nd level boss, and that has been only once :(

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Tried again today. Still stuck on level 4. What annoys me with this and other Neo shooters is how the difficulty gets upped when you're doing well in an invariably successful attempt to kill you off. I get in a rhythm playing these games and when that changes out of the blue it really throws me off, even though the overall difficultly is not that much higher. Also, "Normal" seems more difficult than MVS mode so make sure you're using MVS.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
the difficulty gets upped when you're doing well in an invariably successful attempt to kill you off.

The game has rank. As 1up posted, the way to power up is to max out your shot (S) and use only one missile (M).

As far as the "B" bonuses go, collect all of the icons but one for each stage. You'll sacrifice at least 28,000 pts in the process, however by missing the perfect bonus your power ups will remain unchanged, and rank will have not increased.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
As far as the "B" bonuses go, collect all of the icons but one for each stage. You'll sacrifice at least 28,000 pts in the process, however by missing the perfect bonus your power ups will remain unchanged, and rank will have not increased.

wish I would have read that before playing tonight :lolz:

anyways, some improvement for me.

codecrank - 485,000 - stage 5

15795118079_169be03919.jpg

DeusVult

Another Striker
improvement on my previous score,

DeusVult-134950-AES

Attachments

• andro2.jpg
    andro2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 62

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
I put another 80 minutes into this...so 3 runs, but no improvement. I have no illusions of catching asid, so for now i'm moving to other things. Glad I put this one back in though - was fun.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I put another 80 minutes into this...so 3 runs, but no improvement. I have no illusions of catching asid, so for now i'm moving to other things. Glad I put this one back in though - was fun.

You're really close to the clear. Why throw in the towel when you're 90% there?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
And here's my first attempt. It's absolutely appalling but at least it's a start. I really need autofire though.

pipes - 116,850 - Stage 2 - MVS

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
How do you use autofire? I didn't see an option for it in the soft dips.

DeusVult

Another Striker
I hope there is an auto fire option with the unibios, or I wont be using it either