SOTM February 2022: Batsugun Special - Raffle Underway!

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Yoooooooo!! 💪💪💪

STC just swooped in at the relative last minute and saved our 1:1 clears to days ratio for today. Counting on somebody to continue the trend tomorrow.

Also, who's gonna be the first to bag the 2 all in this thread? A few people knocking on the door... I'm gonna be sipping daiquiris in the cabana though, so it's not gonna be me.

Curious to see what the 3rd loop is like. The 2nd loop is plenty brutal as it is. It's interesting how you kinda have to manage how quickly you take enemies out, in order to effectively manage the amount of suicide bullets on screen.

Scoreboard updated!

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Yoooooooo!! 💪💪💪

STC just swooped in at the relative last minute and saved our 1:1 clears to days ratio for today. Counting on somebody to continue the trend tomorrow.

Also, who's gonna be the first to bag the 2 all in this thread? A few people knocking on the door... I'm gonna be sipping daiquiris in the cabana though, so it's not gonna be me.

Curious to see what the 3rd loop is like. The 2nd loop is plenty brutal as it is. It's interesting how you kinda have to manage how quickly you take enemies out, in order to effectively manage the amount of suicide bullets on screen.

Scoreboard updated!
There are techniques to managing the suicide bullets, for example if you point blank an enemy it won't spawn any suicide bullets while you are hovering over it's explosion animation.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
I haven't had any time at all to put into it, but managed incremental progress over my lunch break today:

Gremlin - 2,293,580 - Stage 5 - MAME
I'm faithful to my mans Iceman out of principle, as much as Ship 2 might be easier

1644256546812.png

My fucking 8bitdo M30 started randomly dropping input for half a second periodically and caused at least one death so I think I'm damn close, will bring the stick out and try and carve out some time tonight and keep the 1CC Train goin, but my only real goal is to surpass my anime rival Neodogg :cool:

Ajax

15 Year Member
Played a cred on my phone (don't judge me), and it's official - Iceman is best man. #icemancrew

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Mmsadda - 973,070 - stage 4 - pcb

Already getting further than vanilla mode! I obviously have a lot of work to do OT catch up with y'all. This was literally the first credit I played on it tho, so that's reassuring!

Attachments

• 20220208_164107.jpg
    20220208_164107.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Thanks a million to @ShootTheCore for hooking me up with the Special ROM! thrilled to finally play this version properly

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Someones not picking up all the little piggys

What is the trick with them? Any way to make more generate? Anything to them beyond the obvious scoring?

I felt like I couldn't grab some piggies. Maybe the more pink-ish ones? Does that make sense?

Ajax

15 Year Member
Near as I've been able to tell, they pop up after you kill certain enemies. I don't know of a way to make more appear, but who knows?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
In stage 2 there's a blue aircraft that's hiding in a hangar that slowly takes off, if you hit it right at the end of it's runway before it lifts off you get a nice little 50k point bonus.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
1.5 PIGS

That is,pigs offer you a good way to score a bit and increase your level bar in special version.This because:

a)Peach-coloured pigs are worth 110 points per 1/60th of second you hover near them;
b)Lavander-coloured pigs are worth 1,1 EP per 1/60th of second you hover near them;

1.5.2 SPECIAL VERSION

Same four points, same macros, but:

a)On stage 2 ,it's a lavander pig;
b)On stage 3, you get peach pigs instead of bonuses when you destroy the central battery,and the fall pig is of the lavander variety;
c)On stage 5, first one is worth two lavander pigs, second one 8 (if memory serves me right) peach pigs.

You should actually mantain a second or two the last direction,when inserting the macro,in order to be sure. Now,once we know how the pigs work

Shmups write-up by user Randorama

Ajax

15 Year Member
Good info on the piggies. That changes the approach to that part of stage 4 specifically quite a bit.

Scoreboard updated! The scoreboard demands more loops 👀👀👀

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Ran it again later last night, and did RADICALLY better. Made it to the final BOSS! And made it surprisingly far through that boss for a blind run.

Mmsadda - 2,808,730 - Stage 5 - PCB

Attachments

• 20220208_214824.jpg
    20220208_214824.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

mmsadda

10 Year Member
I think the assessment that the white ghost "shield" absorbs a hit, and appears on level-up is correct. (I think it has less of an invincibility period than dying/respawning, tho.)

And you guys are right about Jupiter - that boss is a fucking MARATHON.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
I think the assessment that the white ghost "shield" absorbs a hit, and appears on level-up is correct. (I think it has less of an invincibility period than dying/respawning, tho.)

And you guys are right about Jupiter - that boss is a fucking MARATHON.

Stage 4 is such a wall for me right now, most especially 1st half of Jupiter. Been able to "clear" the game by stage in segments, but with a complete run I'm consistently choking basically soon as the planes come up from the bottom of the screen and the second green turret in Jupiter

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Stage 4 is such a wall for me right now, most especially the start of Jupiter. Been able to "clear" the game by stage in segments, but with a complete run I'm consistently choking basically soon as the planes come up from the bottom of the screen
Yeah, that's the only segment of the game I dislike - always hate enemies approaching from the rear. If I catch myself, I like to bomb my way through it.

Literally my two complaints are the planes coming from behind, and the length of Jupiter just seems excessive

Ajax

15 Year Member
Jupiter is pretty easily the hardest boss in the game, by my estimation. Some tricky phases, no doubt.

And since I'm currently (always) at the computer, scoreboard updated! Strong work man!

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Hot damn, you're on top of it, Ajax!

Minor frustrations aside, I feel like this is a FANTASTIC game. Beautiful, flashy, but usually not tooooo hard to keep track of bullets. Feels fast and smooth, more so than DP. (and DP is a top 3 Cave title for me. It's just so beautifully polished.