SOTM July 2019: Captain Tomaday

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I’m not noticing very much damage done, when using the charge shot. As funny as it is to see a cartoon hand turn into a cartoon 1Ton weight, this shot seems meh.

Cheers to Visco, and I’m really glad we are playing this one this month.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Yes, exactly.
Impressive, egg_sanwich, congrats on your clear!

Thanks Oli, it's been a while since I cleared a Neo game.

I’m not noticing very much damage done, when using the charge shot. As funny as it is to see a cartoon hand turn into a cartoon 1Ton weight, this shot seems meh.

If you're just the single tomato, the speed of the one-two double fist punch is way more effective.

If you have one plant and one tomato, you can still fire forward and charge up a fist at the same time, which I found to be somewhat effective against bosses.

city41

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
10 Year Member
Nice clear egg!

oGg6Gdml.jpg

I was thiiiiiis close to beating the second boss. Pretty sure I can beat it next time, got all the patterns down now.

city41 - 17140.75 - MVS

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Nice clear egg!

Thanks buddy!

Second boss is possibly the hardest in the game, he has so many phases and just takes sooooo many hits to go down. Once you get past him, it's smooth sailing :-J

city41

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
10 Year Member
Thanks buddy!

Second boss is possibly the hardest in the game, he has so many phases and just takes sooooo many hits to go down. Once you get past him, it's smooth sailing :-J

Tell me about it, for cripe's sake. Beat him and got to the mecha crab in level 3. I see what you guys are saying, level 3 really wasn't that much harder and I feel like as long as you're decently powered up most things feel manageable.

f9qaUhrl.jpg

city41 - 20591.90 - MVS

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Playing Chempops' favorite shmup. Made it to stage 5. Never played this game before.

3BvOkR1.jpg

ChuChu - 36167.70 - Stage 5 - MVS

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
So how do you get extra lives? Haven't got one yet.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
IIRC, it's in one of the cans in Stage 4. Easy to miss among all the other extras falling down on you in this level.

Yup, Stage 4 about midway through the stage. It comes inside a big wave of cans that pass through the middle of the screen.

That's the only one in the game to my knowledge.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
The leaderboard has been updated. If I missed anyone’s score please yell at me and I’ll get it fixed.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
damn dat sloooow down...

z8l05CX.jpg

Dogg - 11939.85 - Stage 2 - MVS

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Scores have been updated. Careful Panda, there’s a Dogg right behind you!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I haven't played it all this month except the two credits I played at the start of the month.