Sound and Monitor going out on a Neo 29" Candy"

THEONEANDONLY

Crazed MVS Addict
I was just playing a game on my Neo 29" a while ago and in the middle of the game the sound went out. Anyway after I finished, I turned it off and unplugged the JAMMA harness from the PCB and when I connected it and turned it on again still no sound. Thinking maybe it's just the board and hopefully not the cab, I put in another PCB and low and behold this time it won't even show anything but a completely black screen. OF ALL THE LUCK!!!! What is going on?? I've had the cab for almost 5 years now. This is the first time this has happened as it has been working quite fine all this time. I don't even overuse the cab as I play on it once in a while and sometimes goes for months without playing. And other than the times that I'm playing it, it just sits there turned off and unplugged from the wall socket. Anyone have any ideas?

I am not a technical person so I have these questions:

1. Is it fixable?
2. Will it take a lot of work?

Man I really hope it's fixable and would hate to be stuck with a cab that I can't do anything about!!!!:(

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Take a meter and check the voltage output of the power supply (with the game plugged into the jamma connector) and see if you get the proper power output.

RJ

THEONEANDONLY

Crazed MVS Addict
But it is fixable right? That's what I want to know first off? I'd be happier if I learn that it is? As I will just ask for help for it in the future as I am not that good at tech stuff.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Check the voltages on the power supply first - you need to take it in steps. If it's simply a bad power supply or a blown fuse it'll be an easy fix. Monitors can be rebuilt as long as the picture tube is good... it's all about the $$$.

You really can't say how much it will cost to fix unless you really know what is wrong with it. Do the voltage checks with the meter first.

RJ