Sourcing cabs from Asia?

Kaike

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey there peeps. I wanted to know where people are sourcing cabs from for group buys etc. I see this is company GRNZERO out of SC the is buying up cabs from Japan. All the of the contacts in Asia I have reached out to say they are out of stock. Does anyone know were I should be looking if I wanted to start ordering a larger number?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
There’s a really helpful guy in the community named Cereth. I recommend reaching out to him. He’s really great about answering everybody’s questions, especially those looking to get into the importing space. He is also constantly selling Egret 2s and other CRT candy cabs for pretty awesome prices, so you might ask him about those too. Hope this helps.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Careful with Cereth. Weird gatekeeping vibes; will often lambast people of FB for asking if he has candy, threats and follow through to block people.

Matt from GND_ZERO is this generation’s matsu. Fair prices, good communication, no bullshit.

RiverService is gone, Roque Gau retired, stocks of crt candy is beyond dwindling…

Good luck. The future is now, and it’s a future of Blast City’s starting at $2k and demand far outstripping supply.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Eccentricities aside, I bought a Vewlix from Cereth without issue. With that said, GND_ZERO is the goto for US east coast people that know.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Careful with Cereth. Weird gatekeeping vibes; will often lambast people of FB for asking if he has candy, threats and follow through to block people.

Matt from GND_ZERO is this generation’s matsu. Fair prices, good communication, no bullshit.

RiverService is gone, Roque Gau retired, stocks of crt candy is beyond dwindling…

Good luck. The future is now, and it’s a future of Blast City’s starting at $2k and demand far outstripping supply.

Yeah, Cereth doesn't really sell candy anymore and gets pissy when people ask about it. Can't say that I blame him... too many morons expecting to get flawless cabs with no burn-in for cheap in 2023. That said, I'm sure he'd be willing to point you in the right direction (and provide ample warning) about dealing with wholesalers/shipping companies.

GNDZERO is definitely your choice (especially if you're on the East Coast) for individual candies but keep your expectations low. Shit is expensive ($2k minimum) and the quality ain't what it was 10-15 years ago.

Liam

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a good time to be looking for older cabinets. It's all Vewlix and the like now. I wish I'd bought a Megalo 410 when they were available.

city41

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I liked my transaction with Cereth. Great communication. Much better than the other person I bought a cab from. He will block you if you ask about CRT based cabs.

I got a Vewlix Orange from him and it was killer. Pretty much brand new. Took it apart to clean it, and there was nothing to clean really.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Can always cut the line and go direct to the source like I did. http://www.bally.co.jp/index.html just be prepared to organise (open that wallet) it all yourself and if you've never imported anything via sea before it can be a confusing learning experience.

Pretty sure Cereth uses/used this company to a certain degree, I found a photo of him and some staff at a restaurant 🤔